Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
- To coordinate and deliver the hospitality and transport management which includes camp accommodation units, domestic and international travels, shuttle services, transportation services and scheduling as well as vehicle maintenance. To guarantee all activities occur in a timeous manner in order to reduce costs and time spent on managing and coordinating these activities.
- Manage all domestic and international travel arrangements for internal and external customers as well as for contractors, consultants and visitors.
- Manage reservations for all employees passing through Accra and invoices review and confirmation for the service.
- Oversee protocol pick-up scheduling, driver services, shuttle services, vehicle maintenance and scheduling.
- Prepare daily domestic and international flight schedule for distribution to Newmont concerned stakeholders.
- Allocate rooms and ensure that all residents’ complaints and enquiries are properly handled.
- Lead in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and SOP’s that will enable a system approach to performing various tasks.
- Keep accurate stock levels of Company assets, inclusive of receiving, issuing and reordering and assist in data gathering for budget preparations as requested.
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with all company policies, standard operating procedures and other documents that are appropriate to the work place.
- Ensure monthly fuel usage report is submitted to Finance department for reallocation.
- Provide Site Services Superintendent with timely and requisite advice on which booking to confirm in order to save cost.
- Collaborate with supply chain and corporate office in travel agent contract selection process and make recommendations.
- Train, evaluate and manage staff development to guarantee that employees receive adequate guidance and resources to perform job responsibilities.
- Supervise drivers’ work performance with a particular focus on adherence to safety and security standards.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- First Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, Transport and Logistics or equivalent.
- Knowledge of travel and transport services and industries.
- Between 5 and 7 years’ experience in support services operation in a large organization or in the hospitality industry.
- Strong experience in office management, travels and logistics in a
- Advanced administrative and accounting skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Visio.
- Advanced planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Extended and overtime hours are expected. This position is on call to respond to travel emergencies.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 22 Feb. 2021
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.