Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organizations using digital technology to make better decisions.
With more than 30 million people reached in 2020 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
About the Role
As our Telecom Relationship Manager you will expand our network of MNO relationships by directly negotiating agreements with new Telecoms, or assisting in-country teams in the same. You will deepen our existing MNO relationships by regularly reporting on the value we have created against their strategic objectives. You will serve as an advisor and leader to our country teams, using data and insights to improve reporting and coordination with our MNOs and create business cases to garner investments that improve impact (BTL, increase free call limits, etc.). You will reimagine how we engage with MNOs over time to create more shared value between Viamo and our MNO partners. More broadly, you will have the opportunity to serve as a leader of MNO relationships within the company, helping to shape our approach to creating and maintaining meaningful partnerships that are mutually beneficial. You are an energetic and independent worker with strong leadership abilities and interpersonal skills. You have a talent for analyzing problems and developing efficient and creative solutions.
- Expand our network of MNO partnerships by directly negotiating agreements with new MNOs, or assisting in-country teams in the same. Strategize and help lead negotiations to open new 3-2-1 Services as well as commercial products, in existing and new markets.
- Improve the business case for Viamo’s telecom products including VAS, targeted calling and SMS etc. Use data and insights to strengthen our business cases and value propositions.
- Coach country teams to improve the outcomes of ongoing conversations with their MNO partners. Attend meetings (remotely and in person) that advance the business and impact interests of the company.
- Advise on local regulatory concerns (ie National Telecoms Ministries) and review commercial contracts to ensure minimum viable criteria for Viamo’s success are included.
- Improve communication with MNO partners. Create reports and presentations to be used for pitching and improving the 3-2-1 Service and related products.
- Contribute to Viamo’s overall MNO strategy by assisting the Product Team with expansion planning and role out.
Key Performance Indicators
- MNO agreements signed
- 3-2-1 Services launched
- 3-2-1 Services with regular BTL and MNO enthusiasm to market Viamo’s products
- Creation of additional shared value products and services
- Improved value proposition and business case for Viamo’s products, especially the 3-2-1 Service
- Support of country teams and improved distributed capacity throughout the company to coordinate and communicate with our MNO partners.
- Provide regular opportunities to build staff capacity around MNO relationships (ie creating pitch decks, hosting regular brown bag events, presenting on departmental calls, etc.)
Team and Reporting Structure
Reports to the Director of Impact and Communications.
One of Viamo’s 25 offices around the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least 8 years of experience in IT, telecommunication, VAS services, management consultancy, or other relevant fields.
- At least 5 years of middle-management experience in telecommunication and VAS.
- Good network within global MNO operators and intricate understanding of internal workings, team KPIs, and decision making processes of Telcos.
- Experience in the international development sector or experience working with partners in development, social enterprise, ICT4D, or M4D.
- Experience handling projects and operations in multiple countries.
- VAS experience, mainly A2P SMS, E1/SIP voice interconnections, IVR, USSD and mobile payment’
- Project Management skills.
- Commercial and sales skills.
- Experience working in both a cross-functional, multi-cultural team environment and working autonomously to deliver on results with limited day-to-day oversight.
- Experience using soft power to influence people and team decisions.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Desire and ability to travel, especially in Asia and Africa.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in both Asia and Africa.
- Multilingual abilities, especially French.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 15 Feb. 2021
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.