Sumundi powers retail businesses because they are the backbone of the African economy.
Our one-stop retail management platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling efficient inventory management, remote monitoring of sales and business transactions, expansion to new locations, digital payments, SMS communication, multichannel sales, and financial solutions, among many others.
With Sumundi, merchants in retail can build thriving businesses for the future. Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all industries. As our vendors scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same.
Job Title: Sales Account Executive
Are you the next Sales Account Executive to join the Sumundi team? You’ll be responsible for presenting our solution to potential customers. Your goal is to tailor the Sumundi’s products to the vendor’s needs, and get them up for success!
We are looking for a sales account manager who is passionate about helping business owners succeed. You will be responsible for nurturing relationships and finding creative ways to make Sumundi products work for a complex array of customers. You will identify ways to expand collaboration with customers and act as an internal advocate for decision-makers in your book of business.
· Drive sales revenue through new client acquisition
· Understand customer needs to help achieve their business goals through Sumundi
· 1-on-1 demonstrations to prospective customers and help them with the implementation of Sumundi’s Products
· Lead the price negotiations and succeed in closing deals.
· Cross-sell and upsell products and features by discovering customer leads
· Effectively and strategically address customer concerns and issues
· Help grow our managed accounts program
· Work with our Support and Product teams to make sure customers have the best possible experience across all aspects of Sumundi
We expect you to quickly build a relationship with the entrepreneur, you are able to proactively address questions the customer has and will have a deep understanding of our solutions. We value our customers, in that you must be able to understand the process from the point of view of the customer and put the customer experience first. Experience and knowledge from a Retail or Hospitality environment is a recommended plus.
· Exposure to SAAS, management systems and similar software is a plus
· Experience discovering and closing sales opportunities and building client relationships.
· Experience successfully managing a pipeline to achieve revenue targets
· Experience in Sales, Account Management or related field is a plus
· Strong interest in business operations and strategy
· Excellent organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
· Passion and knowledge about how new technologies can help better serve small and medium-size businesses
· Entrepreneurial spirit
· Experience with CRM is a plus
· Driven – You are results-driven with a growth mindset and you stay focused amongst the chaos of diving into a new market.
· Analytical – You are able to provide consistent, accurate sales forecasts.
· Solution-Oriented – You have the ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems to keep a sale on track.
· Thrive on change – Commerce is always evolving, Sumundi is ever-changing, and change is constant.
· You have the desire to work in and build a strong team environment where you make each other better
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Sumundi. The compensation level for this role is highly performance based and performing employees should expect to earn up to GHC72,000 /year assuming a 40hours week. The payment period is bi-weekly.