Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry including rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading, and hauling and materials handling.
Are you a proactive self-starter, do you have an in-depth understanding of Sandvik’s business and offering Sandvik offering fluency (specifically the digital and automation products) and proven extensive Change Management, Project Management, and Communications expertise? We have a fantastic opportunity for a Business Line Manager – Digital Mining Technology to join our Sales Area West Africa team in Kumasi–Ghana. The role will be reporting directly to the Vice President -West Africa
The Business Line Manager (BLM)-Digital Mining Technology will be fully responsible for the representation of the automation. research and technology development and engineering services in the sales area. This includes people management, distributor management, sales, and profitability of the product line as well as ensuring local implementation of global product line focus areas and measurements. This role is also responsible for the technical and application support for the product line(s) in the sales area. The BLM- Digital Mining Technology is accountable for the financial KPIs for the product line(s), Volume of Sales, Profit Margins, A&S, and Networking Capital.
Job Title: Business Line Manager – Digital Mining Technology
- Lead a team of engineers and designers who will provide digital mining support for Sandvik customers using Sandvik equipment.
- Business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and following up on the product line(s)
- Identify the current/future operational constraint trends experienced by Sandvik customers; drive the development and sale of Automation and Digital services as a service offering.
- Supporting West Africa’s “must-win” sales opportunities with change management expertise.
- Identify opportunities to sell Sandvik’s total offerings
- Engaging with the Product Line team to keep learning material up to date with new product releases
- Ensure technical sales support within the product line(s)
- Planning and implementation of automation and digitalization projects
- Keep up to date with competition activities and ensure market competitiveness
- Collect and maintain market data of won and competitors’ activities
- Map needs and ensure delivery of relevant training for the team (application, technical, soft skills
- Suggest and evaluate distributors in cooperation with the dealer manager if applicable
- Implement global strategies/ initiatives into the product line in the sales area
- Maintain a succession plan for key product line positions in the sales area
- Ensure CRM/Sales tools is up to date with valid cases for product lines
- Create customer value propositions (that include TCO, EHS, application, and technical knowledge) to proactively create opportunities
- Identify, analyze, and drive resolution of customer issues (warranty and non-warranty) with account management
- Adherence to all SMC Policies & Procedures especially the SHEQ policies.
- The employee may be assigned other duties within their areas of competency as business may require.
Qualification & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Industrial, Mining, Electrical/Electronic, Mechatronics) in Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a similar Management role is preferred.
- Exposure to international markets along with strong cross-cultural awareness, particularly in remote challenging environments, is desirable
- Experience with the application of the mine automation and information management system will be advantageous.
- Extensive Change Management, Project Management, and Communications expertise
- In-depth understanding of Sandvik’s business and offering Sandvik offers fluency (specifically the digital and automation products)
- A proactive self-starter
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-discipline team and provide guidance to members of the team
- Ability to be an effective team player
- Builds strong working relationships with a diverse range of people across the mining industry
- Act in line and support a purpose-led, high-performing culture, applying the company values and principles of inclusion and diversity
- Knowledge of mining operational methods and processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 applications
License or certificates
- Valid Driver’s License & Passport
- Able to clear a criminal background check
- Able to obtain ITAR clearance
We place great value on your personal qualities as well as your determined and hands-on approach. The successful candidate is enthusiastic about the work, possesses high ethical and professional standards, and demonstrates a pro-activity and initiative attitude. Your excellent interpersonal communication skills enable you to gain trust and the ability to network with ease within the business. As a team player, you enjoy cooperating with others, but you also have the motivation to work independently and take ownership of your responsibilities.