Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
- To oversee the smooth operation of all stock management, transport/delivery and despatching of orders.
- Receive all incoming raw materials in the warehouse in accordance the Authorized Inventory Procedures.
- Keep and record day to day inventory of all products and useable stores (admixtures, mortar products, IBC tanks, jerry cans, paper bags, pallets and personal protective equipment) using MS Excel
- Take and record stock on all products and useable stores (admixtures, mortar products, IBC tanks, jerry cans, paper bags, pallets and personal protective equipment) at the end of every month together with the business controller and plant/production supervisor after which figures are send to the Accounts Department for reconciliation.
- Receive manufactured product from production in to appropriate storage area/warehouse
- Conduct stock take every morning and send status report to the Operations Manager.
- Count /measure finished goods and work-in-progress with the Production Supervisor.
- Reconciling with Daily Production Reports and balancing off figures, if there are any differences investigate and rectify.
- At day end, conduct a stock take, record and send reports to HODs (Finance, Sales, Production, etc.) and the General Manager.
- Instruct forklift driver on moving product from production to warehouse, stack securely and issue raw materials to production department using FIFO.
- Receive and reply all emails on deliveries and inventories
- Manage and liaise with transporter on all truck issues relating to deliveries
- Issue out waybills on all outgoing products
- Issue out purchasing order for walk in customers
- Receive and sign any other products in the warehouse
- Dispatch all finished products on trucks and containers.
- Receive email of quantities and relevant documentation to be loaded from the Sales Executives
- Load delivery trucks using First in First out method.
- Instruct forklift driver on what to load.
- Inspect load for accuracy.
Inspect vehicles using vehicle checklist before loading and advise the driver to correct errors if any are found, before collection can be processed.
- Ensure product is secured using tarpaulins.
- Conduct SHEQ induction for new drivers.
- Ensuring use of safety harnesses before climbing to high heights.
- Housekeeping- Ensure the warehouse is clean every morning.
- Perform a walk about every morning and during the day to check if the product is correctly stacked to avoid accidents
- Attend Safety pep talks daily.
- Daily secure the product (lock all doors) together with the security officer.
- Customer Service
- Receive and serve all customers being it a walk in client or directed from sales team
- Assist in resolving customer complaints in line with company policy.
- All such duties and/or activities assigned by management/board as and when required.
- Diploma in Supply Chain (Warehouse Management and/or Logistics)
- 3 years’ experience as a Warehouse Supervisor in a manufacturing or production environment
- Must be computer literate
- Must have valid forklift driver’s license
- Thorough knowledge of loading practices, stock controlling and warehouse management
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety Standards
Closing Date : 20 Sept, 2020