Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Job Title: Ghana Driver
Palladium is a child-safe organization, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The position will be on a USAID/Ghana project that addresses a key constraint restricting the development of commercial agriculture and obtaining full food security in Ghana – access to finance necessary to enable investment in agricultural value chains.
The Driver will be responsible for providing secure transportation in and outside of town to project staff as requested to facilitate project activities, and with clearance from the?Office Manager or Director of Finance and Administration.?S/he will report directly to the Director of Finance and Administration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- ?The Driver will be responsible for the following:
- Drive responsibly at all times
- Ensure that the vehicle use is in accordance with the Project’s Vehicle Use Policy
- Ensure cars documents, title and registration, insurance and any other documentation as required by local law are correct and up to date
- Record vehicle movement and purchases of fuel and lubricants accurately in the vehicle log book
- Maintain the vehicle in a clean, secure, and good condition
- Ensure that there is adequate fuel and supplies, including First Aid supplies,?in the vehicle at all time
- Collect vehicle?mileage for all project vehicles at the end of each month for the project Accountant to track
- Monitor the need for servicing of, and repairs to, the vehicle. Keep?Office Manager and Director of Finance and
- Administration informed of concerns, and ensure that vehicles are properly maintained using local service providers identified in compliance with project guidelines and approvals.
- Avoid fines for improper parking or for other motoring offenses
- Keep driving license current and unblemished
- Provide airport transfers for project expatriate staff and consultants
- Provide transfers to and from project sites for project staff and consultants, and for local staff traveling on project business
- Transport project staff to appointments and meetings, with particular attention to following safe driving habits and timelines
- Transport?documents, supplies or materials between project offices or work sites as requested by project staff
- Any other tasks as requested by the Director of Finance and Administration and COP
- Strong verbal communication skills in English
- Valid driver’s license
- Professional and mature demeanor and conduct
- Ghanaian nationals preferred.