Moove is on a mission to build the largest mobility fintech for emerging markets. Our starting point is a technology-enabled lending model to radically transform the availability of auto finance and vehicles for on-demand ridesharing services across tier 1 African cities. By doing so, Moove is creating sustainable jobs for mobility entrepreneurs in the mobility sector.
Job Title: Recovery Executive
About The Role
Moove is looking for an experienced professional who has business knowledge, training, and relationship-building skills to be the Recovery Executive, reporting to the City Security Liaison. As a proven result-driven person, you will ensure that all cars and motorcycles that need to be recovered are done seamlessly. You will also be responsible for all unassigned vehicles.
We are looking for a Recovery Executive responsible for the collection and delivery of vehicles and motorbikes, as and when required. The ideal candidate for the role will be someone who is a professional driver capable of loading any vehicle correctly and securely. You must be flexible, self-motivated, and organized.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Recover vehicles from non-compliant drivers/Riders
- Tow or Lift vehicles/Motorcycles that are unable to be driven
- Be prepared to accompany the Security lead on any trips as deemed necessary
- Carry out inspection checks on recovered assets, including taking extensive photographs that can be used for insurance claims
- Ensure security of the recovered asset from theft, fire, and safety issues
- Maintain records and provide daily updates on the recovered assets
- Identify recovery gaps and aid with the recommendation of best practices and suitable partners to work with as appropriate
- Lead with the recovery of assets by working with our recovery partners for example with truck assets, this could be dealing with partners in neighboring countries.
- Assess all recovery incidents to identify fraudulent cases and follow them
- Investigate and identify cases that are unrecoverable and present findings to the company
- Investigate and recover all missing/stolen/lost devices from riders
- Liaise with different law enforcement agents to ensure that fraudsters are apprehended
- Submit monthly recovery reports to the City Security Liaison
- Prevent losses and damage to assets by reporting irregularities
- Complete investigation reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures and recommendations
- Maintain the organization’s reputation by complying with legal requirements
- Ensure the security, safety, and well-being of all personnel, visitors, and the premises
- Respond to emergency situations to provide necessary assistance to riders and employees
What You Will Need For This Position
- Minimum of secondary school certificate or equivalent
- Must have a certificate of good conduct
- 5+ years of proven driving experience
- Good knowledge of routes and locations within the city
- Must be able to drive different vehicle types (car, bike & truck especially)
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have basic vehicle mechanical skills
- Must have basic knowledge of security operations and fire inspection procedure
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of basic security and fire inspection procedures
- Must have outstanding surveillance skills
KPIs that will be measured after you start
- % of recovery completed
- Road safety and regulation compliance during recovery
Who You’ll Be Working with:
Directly reporting to our City Security Liaison, and working with the rest of the Fleet Team.
About The Team
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make financial freedom within reach.
Moove is strongly committed to diversity within its community. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Pre-hiring Notice: Moove relies on the accuracy of the information contained in employment applications, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and during employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any information or data provided by an applicant may result in the applicant being excluded from further consideration for employment or if an individual has already been hired, termination of employment.
EEO Statement : Moove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristic.
Moove: Moove is a mobility asset finance company and Uber’s preferred fleet partner across Sub-Saharan Africa. Our Vision is to democratize financial services to make our customers more productive and successful. Our Core values are Compassion, Excellence,