Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission. Our aspiration is to transform Africa to a Cloud-first, Digital-first continent enabling a thriving digital economy across Africa while reinventing Microsoft’s digital assets and capabilities to serve the young continent’s transformation needs. With that in mind was the establishment of new team; the Africa Transformation Office (ATO) is hiring a Business Development Manager to focus on International Organisations
Job Title: Business Development Manager
- Identifies International Organizations (IOs) and relevant governments and partners that direct investments on the continent that are aligned with the ATO’s key strategic themes. Create and sustain a model of tiered country focus by contributing to country growth plans developed by subsidiary LTs, or developing a template engagement plan for countries that do not have strong commercial activity with Microsoft yet.
- Bring together external investments and the best of Microsoft to drive near-term coalitions for impact, while informing the business of medium- to long-term factors where organizational readiness and investments are warranted.
- Collaborate with governments and other industry regulatory and lawmaking bodies to establish frameworks for cloud growth and engagement in alignment with Microsoft’s Corporate and Legal Affairs division.
- Promote the regulation and use of cloud technology as a key driver for digital transformation of African economies.
- Identifies and incorporates other internal teams (e.g., Global Accounts teams, Downstream teams, product, engineering, finance, legal, sales, marketing) and business leaders to help inform and align the strategy.
- Designs partner/customer strategic deals for a commercial strategic framework that are aligned with strategic business objectives and partner/customer current state and needs at an appropriate motion and cadence in cooperation with customers.
- Ensures strategic deals incorporate relevant market factors (e.g., competitive, economic, industry specific) to drive optimal results and return on investment. Empowers a strong customer presence through a deep customer focus and strategic development, attracting and committing customers to the journey through integration of customer feedback.
- Builds prospective pipelines and opportunities into deals. Creates a strong customer focus throughout strategic development and brings customer along for the journey.
- Integrates information from prior engagements and learnings to build an improved strategy.
- Contributes to the understanding of customer needs, gains internal customer alignment, and mobilizes partners to achieve the strategy
- 10+ years Africa market exposure.
- 5+ years working with multi-National organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 10+ years’ experience in business development, sales, consulting, or marketing OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years project leadership/management experience
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, Law, or related field AND 8+ years’ experience in business development, sales, consulting, or marketing OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a matrixed organization, preferably in the technology industry.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.