Twitter is looking for a highly entrepreneurial Staff Designer to help establish a bespoke product strategy for Twitter in Africa and execute against it with support from a dedicated local team. Ghana and Nigeria will be the first countries in Africa in which we pilot this new approach of building an in-market team to locally tailor our global product to the needs of a specific region.
Twitter is looking for someone who has proven success in collaborating to achieve product-market fit with consumer products in Africa with specialization in West African markets such as Ghana and Nigeria, either through a new venture or within a larger company. You’ll be experienced with partnering with researchers to gain local insights and translating these insights into products that people love. You have a strong, customer-centric approach to product design and have repeatedly used this to deliver past successes. You are a rare blend of product management, product design and engineering.
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably have:
• An ability to develop a deep understanding and empathy for customers whose daily life, circumstances and needs might be very different than your own.
• A strong quantitative and qualitative background to support data-informed decision-making.
• Excellent interpersonal skills which allow you to excel at collaborating with your team and connect with the customers that you’re serving.
• Demonstrated success working in a resource-constrained, highly-ambiguous environment, such as at a startup or new venture.
• A willingness to travel to spend time with your customers and our product teams around the world.
• An ability to leverage systems thinking in your approach to solving problems quickly and efficiently.
• Proficiency in understanding technical constraints and working with Engineering counterparts to find ways to take designs from concepts to production scale.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Experience driving product strategy in collaboration with Product and Engineering leaders.
• Experience working in startups or on highly ambitious zero-to-one projects.
• Proficiency in at least one local language in West Africa region
• 5+ years of experience with user interfaces, interaction paradigms, and visual design patterns as well as experience with a wide variety of software engineering tools and practices.
• Experience prototyping user interfaces for Android, prototyping for iOS using Swift or Objective-C, SwiftUI or UIKit, and building with web technologies (React/JS) are all a plus.
• Strong understanding of accessibility best practices for design and software development.
• You’ve designed end to end product experiences for web and mobile applications.
• You understand software engineering best practices, including agile development, code reviews, design documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting.
• Great communication skills - you’re able to clearly articulate ideas and collaborate with designers, product managers, engineers, and researchers to drive progress.
• Growth mindset and a desire to learn, teach, and mentor.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 12 May, 2021