AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Senior Resource Planner.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Senior Resource Planner will work closely with Supply Chain, Project Package Owners to ensure availability of spares at all times, efficient organisation and coordination of Project materials & resources. Also identify in a timely manner, all current and potential risks to the Refurbishment, Construction and Maintenance activities utilizing the established Risk Management System, identifying activities and strategies to eliminate, manage or mitigate these risks.
• Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulations.
• Accept personal responsibility for health and safety and that of every mine worker by his/her work. Also have a duty of care for themselves and others in a working environment.
• Adhere to the site’s environmental management plan.
• Work with authorities, other peers and subordinates to control and manage mining projects, seek out, lead and apply underground best practices and continuous improvement practices to deliver sustainable cost, efficiency and promote workmen health and wellness.
• Promote and implement human resources development practices to ensure respect, improve loyalty and enhanced relationship between workmen.
• Provide leadership and support for the entire team to achieve sectional goals.
• Organize and coordinate Project materials & resources efficiently.
• Ensure resources are forecasted, planned and arrival, scheduled to prevent Project delays.
• Publish regular set metrics, reporting consistently and providing valuable insight to material schedules, bringing data to life to support resourcing decisions
• Ensure availability of critical spares which are repaired and fit for purpose.
• Ensure reduced duration for offsite repairs to critical assets, planned before removing
• Ensure storage/transportation standards are in place and compliant
• Ensure safe staging areas within the Shaft Banks/ Workshops that comply with site regulations
• Ensure external labour requests that comply with site entry policy
• Identify in a timely manner all current and potential risks to the Refurbishment, Construction and Maintenance activities utilizing the established Risk Management System, identifying activities and strategies to eliminate, manage or mitigate these risks
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Project Management
• 4-5 years’ experience in similar role
• Knowledge and experience in Transport & Storage standards for managing critical assets and continuous Improvement.
• Experience in development of work packages, methods, and standards necessary to achieve efficient maintenance.
• Knowledge and experience in Projects and contractor management.
• Exposure to project scheduling software packages is highly regarded
• Sound analytical, planning, implementation, and supervision skills.
• High level of computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Microsoft Projects
• Project Management
• Knowledge in SAP
• Good communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
• Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the costs, production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment
• Results orientated and organised with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines
• Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills
• Project management skills
• Excellent attention to detail skills
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 31 March, 2022