AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Project Surveyor.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Project Surveyor will set out, survey, coordinate and control all survey related activities in all project areas including underground rehab, surface and underground construction, installations in shafts, etc., while ensuring that survey targets are delivered as per planning of project.
• Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulations.
• Timely investigation of incidents and accidents with reporting
• Accept personal responsibility for health and safety and that of every mine worker by his/her work. Also have a duty of care for themselves and others in a working environment.
• Adhere to the site’s environmental management plan.
• Promote and implement human resources development practices to ensure respect, improve loyalty and enhanced relationship between workmen
• Provide leadership and support for the entire team to achieve sectional goals
• Work with authorities, other peers and subordinates to control and manage mining projects, seek out, lead and apply underground best practices and continuous improvements practices to deliver sustainable cost, efficiency and promote workmen health and wellness
• Set out, survey, coordinate and control all survey related activities in all project areas including underground rehab, surface and underground construction, installations in shafts, etc.
• Accountable for the implementation of survey specifications, standards, and safe workmanship to ensure the timely completion of Obuasi Phase 3 project.
• Ensure survey targets are delivered as per planning of project.
• Proactively control the construction survey activities to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns
• Ensure cost impacts in area of accountability are evaluated and recorded
• Prepare weekly, monthly reports which provide accurate and timely information that can clearly convey the status of safety, cost, schedule, and quality for the survey works
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc. Geodetic/Geomatic Engineering
• 5 years post-graduate experience in construction/underground survey
• Must be a good user of Surpac and AutoCAD software
• Ghanaian Driver’s License
• Understanding of survey principles and practices
• Intermediate surveying computations to include traversing, inversing, translation and rotation of data, simple curves, closures of figures and areas
• Understanding of surveying software and computer aided design (CAD) equipment in preparation of survey plats
• Ability to prepare and write legal descriptions from deeds of record and from data acquired from field surveys
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of cartography
• Knowledge of Land Acquisition Procedures, Part VIII, Mapping Standards
• Knowledge of algebra, geometry and trigonometry
• Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed, so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm
• Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective actions for direct reports
• Communicate policies and procedures in a manner to achieve full understanding and compliance.
• Monitor the risk and risk mitigation plans for all activities for the construction works
• Deliver the Safety Management Plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
• Model work behaviors for the team consistent with company values
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 31 March, 2022