Duties and Responsibilities
• The functions/duties/key results of this job description are generic and not all duties are carried out by all Field Security Associates.
Summary of key functions:
• Assists SA/ASC in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the Area of Responsibility (AoR);
• Assists in maintaining the Security Plan(s), including updating staff lists.
• Supports the SA/ASC with the monitoring of the security measures implementation as recommended in the Security Risks Management (SRM) process) for the AoR;
• Assists in reporting security incidents affecting UN staff, offices and assets.
• Organizes and delivers training courses on security awareness and preparedness;
• Assists in monitoring the implementation of the Residential Security Measures, office safety and security preparedness.
• Provides general administrative assistance to the SA/ASC
• Performs any other duties as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Secondary education is required. University Degree is desirable, but it is not a requirement.
• A minimum of 6 years of experience either in military, police, or security related field is required. Prior experience with the UN security system or Experience with Diplomatic security system or international NGOs security, is highly desirable.
• Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Ghanaian language is also required.
Other Skills and Requirements:
• Knowledge of HF, UHF, VHF radio operation and satellite phone is considered an asset;
• Solid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and
• Possession of a valid driver’s license
• Ability to travel
• Physically fit
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 10 June, 2021