Chirano is located in southwestern Ghana, approximately 100 kilometres southwest of Kumasi, Ghana’s second largest city. The mine is within the Bibiani gold belt and consists of 11 deposits. Open pit and underground ore are processed at the Chirano plant. The capacity of the mill is approximately 3.5 million tonnes per annum. Processing involves crushing, ball mill grinding, leaching, and CIL.
This position is responsible for planning, scheduling, resourcing, evaluation and execution of Mechanical and Electrical Projects, Civil Construction and CGML Site Services (Civil – Buildings – Camp Maintenance – Projects). The role interacts extensively with internal and external parties, including Maintenance, Operations, Engineering Planning, Finance, Production, HR Camp Administration, Supply and other stakeholders
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance
- Actively participate in CGML Continuous Improvement programme by formulating plans and processes to capture, evaluate and process improvement ideas.
- Perform periodic and scheduled inspection programmes to maintain CGML assets and infrastructure according to established mine maintenance and engineering standards
- Execute planned jobs according to priorities and the availability of equipment and in accordance with Kinross / CGML work management practices.
- Regularly review every project / construction work site and ensure schedule adherence, work quality and cost compliance
- Create and manage a pipeline of improvement projects ensuring that these projects are classified and prioritised for implementation.
- Organise and lead regular project meetings and ensure effective communication between project team, engineering team, construction team and budget / project owners.
- Ensure that Contractors are performing according to contractual obligations with CGML.
- Planning, organization and control the maintenance of all services systems: Potable Water, Sewage, Fire Fighting Systems, Electrical Systems, Power Generation etc. with the coordination with relative departments or Government Authorities.
- Prepare Mechanical, Civil and Electrical works estimates, tender documentation etc.
- Perform tasks in JDE as required (work requests, purchase requestions, work order etc.)
- Report all accidents, unsafe positions, defected equipment, and safety complaints from your section to the HSE representative and participate in Root Cause Analysis of failures when required.
- Responsible for the effectiveness of equipment maintenance strategies including regular auditing and maintenance.
- Provide technical support to supervisors, trades men (A/C Technicians, Electricians, Plumbers, Masons) and other maintenance personnel.
- Perform other duties as reasonable assigned by your Manager or his designate
- BSc. Electrical, Civil, Mechanical Engineering or related technical field is required.
- Additional Certificate in Project Management, Business Administration or related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a mining maintenance field or site projects
- Extensive knowledge of site safety, health and environmental regulations pertaining to mine maintenance and Cost Estimation & Analysis
- Has the skill of quality job execution, and able to plan jobs in coordination with colleagues and other Departments.
- Well-developed English oral, written communications and report writing skills.
- Ability to lead work teams and apply analytical thinking in problem solving.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously and work under pressure is essential.
- Must be a computer literate – MS Office Suite, proficiency in AutoCAD Designs.
- Must be able to apply standards, policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
- Possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good defensive driving skills
Method of Application
Closing Date : 17 Sept, 2020