At Diageo, we do Sales differently. We’re the leading beverage alcohol company in every region of the world, boasting internationally-recognised brands such as Baileys, Guinness, Smirnoff and Johnnie Walker. And this is your opportunity to create new ways to share and celebrate our truly iconic products across the globe.
Job Title: Sales Executive
The Sales Executive’s focus is on those bars and channels with growth opportunities for our main Guinness Brand and other key premium and mainstream brands of our portfolio. This is where the real difference can be made with customer and consumers, with greatest return on investment.
The holder of this role also works with: Van Team/ Van Team Supervisor, Customer Marketing, Retailers, Distributors, wholesalers, Consumer relations etc…
The purpose of the Sales Executive is to Effectively manage and develop designated outlets in order to deliver Volume, Share, Distribution and Rate of Sale targets expressed through the One Plan.
- Any University Degree and at least 2 years track record in a middle ranking Sales / Marketing / Customer facing role.
- Sales or relevant industry related experience in FMCG, ideally beverage industry, with proven experience in dealing with retail customers
- Journey planning techniques
- Persuasive selling
- Grasp of promotion and merchandising techniques
- Inquisitive approach to brands, markets and competition
- Bilingual English / French is an advantage
- Healthy and physically robust
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Good driver with a valid license
- Achieves volume, share, and distribution targets.
- Perfect Sales drivers standards / Project cool deliver ROI and marketing activities in his territory delivers required uplifts.
- Target calls to maximise return on investment (Segment prioritization). Sells directly to outlets in opportunity Out of Stock situations.
- Fights competition effectively by monitoring activities, taking action to counter, reporting upwards
- Ensures achievement of customer call targets by determining logical, efficient journey plans for himself, and advising Van Teams on journey plans Drives for superb implementation of the Commercial plans at the point of purchase in order to maximise Sales Driver effectiveness, Return on Investment & Brand objectives.
- Delivery of FSE and VSM scorecard KPIs in owns territory.
- Take ownership on own development and ensure regular ICAT development plan reviews with Line Manager. (Mastery in SOE standards)