Job Title: Truck Driver
- Be in possession of a Grade 12/N3 qualification or equivalent
- Be in possession of a valid Code 10 driver’s licence
- Have a minimum of one year’s relevant experience.
- Be willing to work overtime as required.
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the Gold Fields Occupational Health Centre and pass a Heat Tolerance Screening test, and such other tests as may be required to assess the applicant’s suitability for employment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (speak, read, and write)
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Knowledge of machinery for pre-work checks, and as it relates to motion and weight of the load to be transported
- Ability to carry-out minor maintenance duties when the need arises, i.e., coolant and lubricant top-ups, maintain tyre pressures
- Monitoring and reporting of defects on the vehicle to the responsible supervisor
Duties And Responsibilities
- Receive key control and inspection books from Control Room and participate in daily safety meetings to discuss pre-work risk assessment for the jobs set-out for the day
- Operate a Truck to transport material on and off site e.g., transport steel wire ropes to the CSIR for testing
- Operate a Truck mounted crane to load and offload material
- Operate a Truck mounted crane to change RWB pipes
- Assist the Rigger with daily rigging/slinging activity when required
- In the absence of a store man, assist with the issuing of equipment
- At the end of the shift hand in the key control and inspection list to the Control Room
- Be self-driven and able to work without a supervision
Closing Date: 01 December 2021
Please note that the Gold Fields code of conduct strictly prohibits the exchange of any payment as part of its recruitment process.
Should you require any assistance or have any challenges in applying for a position, please contact Rosy Monyaki or Phindile Lubisi at the Engagement center Recruitment hub on 011 411 1387.
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment
NOTE: all relevant certificates must be attached to your CV in order to be considered for shortlisting
- South Deep Joint Venture is an unincorporated joint venture between GFI Joint Venture Holdings Proprietary Limited (Reg. No. 1998/023354/07) and Gold Fields Operations Limited (Reg. No. 1959/003209/06), both wholly-owned subsidiaries of Newshelf 899 Proprietary Limited (Reg. No. 2007/019941/07) a subsidiary of Gold Fields Limited (Reg. No. 1968/004880/06).
Gold Fields Operations Limited Directors: CI Griffith (Chairman), R Bardien, NA Chohan, P Matete, BL Mokoatle, M Preece
GFI Joint Venture Holdings Proprietary Limited Directors: CI Griffith (Chairman), R Bardien, NA Chohan, P Matete, BL Mokoatle, M Preece