ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance-driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Superintendent – Mine Planning (Short & Medium Term)
Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
Number of Position(s): One (1)
To lead and engage a team of professionals in providing short to medium term planning for purposes of ensuring safe and efficient mining operations to achieve business objectives/targets.
- Build, develop and lead the mining planning and technical support teams
- Supervise and execute mine plans to provide a safe workplace to all personnel.
- Establish and maintain processes to ensure that all environmental risks and emerging issues are identified, and mitigation plans to put in place
- Establish and maintain processes to ensure the development of optimized short term, medium and long term plans that ensure delivery of the budget requirements and the operations strategy
- Responsible for the development, mentoring and leadership of the Drill and Blast, Short, Mid and Long-term Planning Engineers, as well as contributing to the greater Technical Services team development and mentoring
- Assume responsibility for designs and plans to support the Weekly Plan, three months to Full Year Forecasting, Budget, and Life of Mine phases of the planning process.
- Coordinate and work with other departments, tying in all aspects of mine planning to ensure timely delivery of safe, efficient, and practical mine plans
- Supervise and execute processes to ensure the technical aspects of the operations which include mine planning, survey, fleet management, drill & blast, and have the required resources in place to support the mining operations
- Identify areas for improvement in operational blueprints (systems, processes, procedures & tasks) to ensure adherence to plan, reduce variation and maximize cost effective utilization
- Supervise and execute systems to collect and manage operational data and to monitor performance
- Prepare mine plans and design which allows operations to meet or exceed budget productivity and utilization rate
- Develop 3-year detailed mine plans and designs, incorporate, and communicate sound mining engineering, geological and geotechnical considerations, and concepts
- Prepare detailed and realistic monthly, quarterly, and annual production schedules in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Update and review long-term plans and design to mitigate identified risk and incorporate new opportunities and challenges
- Assist in providing guidance on the dumping places on the short-to medium-term horizon and ensure that the 12 monthly forecasts are aligned to the long-term waste dumping schedule
- Provide technical support to mining operation such that mine performance is optimized while providing a framework for continuous operating improvement
- Optimize efficiencies between mine quality, scheduling, drilling & blasting, and loading & hauling operations
- Perform detailed study and analysis on criterial contractual KPIs covering as the minimum D&B, L&H, HME and Fuel Management
- BSc Degree in Mining Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in an open pit mining environment with demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Strong technical knowledge and mining background in planning, scheduling and drill and blast utilizing truck and shovel methods
- Competence with computerized planning systems such as Talpac/Haulnet, OPMS/Xpac, Datamine/Surpac, Whittle/NPV software packages
- Displays analytical and innovative thinking resulting in continuous improvement and adding value
- Possess Mine Superintendent Certificate
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must posses very strong human relations skills and ability to interact with people of diverse culture and value
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and proficiency in driving light vehicle