AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Winder Driver Trainer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Winder Driver Trainer is accountable for coordinating the work, training, monitoring and control of quality, of cage operators and Winder Driver s to ensure the operation is at all times fully compliant with LI2182, safe, and compliant with operational and Engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- The role holder is accountable for Winder Driver team in Statutory Inspections of Winders, Transporting and Slinging of Materials and all Other winder related Jobs in accordance/compliance LI2182. to enable personnel to safely perform their designated work
- Monitor Winder Driver in Statutory Inspections of Winders, Transporting and Slinging of Materials and all Other winder related Jobs in accordance/compliance LI2182, Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Monitor team processes that support in the execution of the role.
- Execute timely completion of Winder Driver Training as per training plan
- Design and put in place reporting structure to provide major inputs to Maintenance Manager – UG to allow reporting of Operational Readiness for the winder operations.
- Monitor and ensure the Winder Driver understands the winder maintenance requirements for winder, shaft and rope maintenance scheduled.
- Coordinate respective training of Winder Drivers and record each task achieved.
- Develop the risk and risk mitigation plans and activities for all winder training work
- Adapt the Winder Driver training to fall within the required Maintenance system plans
- Task subordinates in line with achieving the agreed production plan
- Coordinate the departmental budget that supports the company’s objectives and strategy
- Ensure cost impacts in area of accountability are evaluated, approved and budget is revised
- Identify, communicate and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- An experienced Winder Driver with 10+ years’ experience in underground mining
- Experience of training winder drivers from scratch to compliant certification
- Experience in Project Management
- Must have the MINCOM Certification as a Winder Driver.
- Demonstrated training experience in winder driver certification.
- Knowledge of Man and Rock Winders
- Knowledge of AC and DC Winders practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
- Proficient in training Winder Drivers.