Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
Job Title: Gender and Inclusion Collaboration Hub Coordinator
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national, and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Since adopting our global strategy, 100 Million Reasons, our global work to advance children’s rights and equality for girls have had an unprecedented impact. We have been transforming our operations at the Global Hub to be the best possible partner for the 8,000+ staff who work in our country offices and working to become a more agile, efficient, and accountable organization.
We have improved our mechanisms for collaboration, transparency, and data-gathering. The transformation has also increased the number of decisions to be taken close to the point of impact and distributed power more widely throughout the organization.
To bring about lasting change, we have to live our values. We are committed not simply to telling the world we are the go to organisation on girls’ rights, but to embedding justice and equality in all that we do.
Will you join us?
The role of Gender and Inclusion Network Coordinator is to facilitate and support the Gender and Inclusion Team and Network by;
- Leveraging the technical expertise of the network to meet demand for temporary gender and inclusion technical support across the organisation
- Communicating effectively within and about the network, its initiatives and results within Plan and with other external parties including partner organisations.
- Enabling the effective use of online platforms for the purpose of knowledge management, learning, sharing, information and membership management of the network
- Supporting the Gender & Inclusion Team and Network and their activities through the provision of reports and information and ensuring projects and people are connected and working collaboratively.
- Coordinating the Gender & Inclusion Group (GIG) and its activities