Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The Trade and Investment Activity will improve the enabling environment for Ghana’s economic growth, including, but not limited to: i) facilitating growth in export-oriented trade, ii) improving and developing quality production standards, iii) catalyzing investments in private enterprises operating in the high-value commercial crops; iv) promoting job creation, particularly among women and youth; v) promoting economic diversification; and vi) increasing foreign exchange revenues from high-value export crops. The Trade and Investment Activity will facilitate investing in firms that trade goods across borders, spur innovation, and build the capacity of the entire trade sector. This activity will use a systems approach to address: i) investment promotion and facilitation; ii) trade facilitation; and iii) small and medium enterprise (SME) development.
Purpose of Position The Objective C Lead will oversee all activities and staff under the objective, ensuring compliance and delivery of results. Objective C will focus on working with the private sector to grow business development services and attract greater investment from domestic and foreign sources. Additionally, the Objective C Lead will work with the GOG to improve incentives to stimulate private sector investment and link farmers to profitable market systems.
Duration: 5 years Location: Accra, Ghana
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Target SMEs development and work with GOG ad private sector to support entrepreneurs, particularly women, youth and persons with disabilities, with access to finance and basic services to expand their businesses
- Work with businesses, especially SMEs, to increase income incrementally
- Streamline business registration through private sector advocacy and collaboration with the GOG
- Increase exports from SMEs, including through but not limited to those using AGOA
- Work with businesses to employ more skilled workers, especially women, youth, and people with disabilities
- Lead Objective C work planning and implementation to ensure program meets targets
- Provide necessary input for Objective C-related monitoring, evaluation, and learning; gender and social inclusion strategy; communication; and budgets
- Any other tasks requested by the Chief of Party
- Advanced degree in business, economics, or finance, or other related field
- At least eight years of experience in investment promotion and facilitation
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven experience developing and finalizing high quality deliverables
- Working proficiency in English required
- At least five years’ experience in economic development in Ghana preferred
- At least three years’ experience on donor-funded projects for economic growth preferred, USAID experience a plus
Method of Application
Closing Date : 11 Sept, 2020