• Under the supervision of the Country Director, the purpose of the Business Development Manager is to set the overall strategic direction, coordinate and be accountable for all grants activities at country level.
• This position is to lead the Plan International Ghana Resource Mobilization drive in the mobilization of grant related resources and manage the design and implementation of a robust resource mobilization unit/department to increase grant portfolio.
• He/she will be responsible for growth, high quality and timeliness in communications with donors and managing effective working relationships with National Offices and bilateral and multilateral organizations at country level.
• S/He will also support grant project teams to ensure that grants are implemented and reported in line with donor/Funding Bundle Agreement Document (FAD).Contractual
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
• The Business Development Manager manages the Business Development Unit (BDU). The BDU is responsible for identifying funding opportunities in line with Plan International Ghana programme priorities, writing successful grants proposal in coordination with programmes and operations colleagues and strengthening systems and processes for effective grant management and Donor retention.
• Sets out the overall strategic direction in Business Development, leads and coordinates country teams to moblise high value grants resources and Mobilised more than 75million Euros over 5 years
• Supports the delivery of high quality programmes /project that advances the rights of children especially girls and youth
• Supports strategic Planning and Management of grants resources to implement Country Strategy sustainable.
• key Business staff report directly to the position.
• Provide capacity building to the Country Office BDU staff, comprising but not limited to a Grants Coordinator, Local Fund Raising Specialist and Partnership Specialists
• Maintain donor portfolio development in Ghana with multiplicity of donors (institutional, Foundations, Trust, Corporates and High Networth Individuals etc
• Works proactively with National Organization (NOs) counterparts to identify and win appropriate grant opportunities.
• Oversee and coordinate the development, writing and packaging of successful grant proposals from concept through to award.
• Transform the BDU into a team by providing sound and steady leadership in management the team in order to produce world class results.
Qualification Required & Experience
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in Grants Acquisition and Management and Business Development/ Fund Raising
• Preferably At least 7 years work experience with international development or humanitarian organizations.
• Demonstrated track record developing successful funding proposals for major institutional donors.
• Capacity building experience in project design, implementation, reporting, and evaluation.
• Preferably knowledge of funding cycles, strategic priorities, and requirements of major donors such as GAC, EU, USAID, JICA, GF, MoFA, World Bank, Africa Development Bank etc.
• Excellent proposal and report writing skills.
• Fundraising skills
• Program/project management skills
• Networking and partnership development
• Strong team building and motivational skills
• Strong negotiation, facilitating and influencing skills
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 17 September, 2021