International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in over 30 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
Job Title: Regional Head, People Operations, Africa
After 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. As IJM continues this trajectory of growth and scaling of its impact, with the Vision to protect 500 million people by the year 2030, IJM’s Global Director, People Operations is seeking a Regional Head, People Operations Africa/Europe.
Regional Head, People Operations is responsible to establish, implement and provide appropriate support for the localization and implementation of all Workday core HR services in the Africa/Europe region. The role will work closely with HRBPs in each of the offices within the region to drive HR automation resulting in smooth functioning of HR tools and to provide input into the design and development of HR programs, systems, and processes such as Workday and HRMS. This role acts as an interface between the region and Global HR to express unique regional insights influencing global People Services program direction as well as supports creation of Global Solutions.
This position is based in the Africa/Europe region and reports the Global Director, People Operations.
Leadership & Management
- Develop functional expertise within the region to ensure maximum ROI and effectiveness of the HR programs.
- Serve as the business partner to each of the local offices to provide input into design and development of global programs, systems, and processes.
- Drive localization and implementation of Workday project within the region.
- Ensure all Core people operations services are provided to the geography in a timely manner.
- Provide input into the design and development of Workday programs, systems, and processes to ensure local adoption and relevance.
- Supports creation of Global solutions, drives localization of Global HR efforts as appropriate.
- Increases operating efficiency and effectiveness of core Workday processes to ensure maximum ROI and effectiveness for the region.
- Serve as the primary integration point between Global HR Operations and regional/field HR.
- Manage all aspects of employee data for the region including keeping regular records of data.
- Plan and implement HR metrics to analyze trends, progress, and challenges, regularly and generate relevant reports.
- Represent business level perspectives to ensure local relevance and practical applicability.
Strategy, Knowledge Development & Implementation
- Work closely with the FO leadership and HRBPs to embed workday; to encourage that all teams are using the HR automation tools efficiently.
- Work with the Global HR to express regional insights to optimize and influence program direction.
- Identify gaps and provide leadership in sharing the insights for process and system optimization.
- Create user manuals and FAQs for effective implementation of the HR automation tools.
- Increase operational efficiency and effectiveness of core HR processes and systems.
Networking & Partnership
- Serve as the primary integration point between the region and Global team to implement Workday project.
- Collaborate with each of the Field offices and the Senior leadership to drive implantation of the HR programs, systems, and procedures.
- Serve as the POC for HRMS queries, HRIS and HR automation resulting in smooth functioning of the tools.
- Coordinate with the vendors for smooth functioning of the HR tools.
Policies & Procedures
- Ensure compliance with global HR policy and procedures within the region.
- Collaborate with the HR Business Partner, and other functions, to provide data to the global team on HR process and policies audit.
- Communicate the plans, procedures, systems, policies to staff and leaders, effectively and periodically to promote compliance and consistency.
- Providing staff with pro-active reminders and relevant resources to use the tools smoothly.
- Based on the reports and evaluation of trends, recommend corrective and preventive actions to strengthen the HR automation efforts.
- Coordinate with the finance team for collecting data that is needed for Workday.
- Resolving all Workday related Helpdesk tickets and ensuring they are addressed in a timely manner.
- Serve as a POC for all local HRMS tickets and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Support Managers and the Talent Acquisition team in creating new employee profiles.
- Credit and upload leaves to the tool for all staff and ensure all leave and attendance related queries are resolved.
Training & Development
- Ensure to provide relevant training and build capacity of staff on Workday such as to ensure that they are equipped to use the HR automation tool/s efficiently as per global and regional requirements.
- Identify regular training sessions related to Global HR policies, processes and systems and ensure the implementation in collaboration with the HRBPs.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management
- Keep a track of all HR transactional activities and maintain tracker of relevant information.
- Ensure documentation, filing and maintenance of relevant databases.
- Supply reports when requested by appropriate parties.
- Document variety of relevant and required information, inputs, and feedback.
- Keep a track of the activities/sessions, including general themes emerging from activities, and suggestions on how to create a more supportive work environment.
- Synthesize employee feedback, and trends and facilitate relevant solutions on an ongoing basis, through surveys and meetings.
- Resolving all local HRIS related queries for regional staff until the implementation of Workday tool and ensure smooth migration of data to Workday.
General Accounting & Statutory Compliance
- Ensure the team submit all expenditure accounts to the finance department in timely manner, maintaining all deadlines.
- Make planned and prudent expenditure decisions to strategically use fiscal resources.
- Maintain full knowledge of budget status to ensure fiscal resources are being used effectively and ensuring a ‘no- fraud’ environment.
- Provide support during all audit processes.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field;
- 10– 12 years of experience in HR business processes;
- Previous experience in corporate & non-profit work set-ups and organizations;
- Strong program and operations management skills with service-related technologies;
- Excellent people management skills in a matrix organization;
- Facilitation and training expertise;
- Ability to see hidden problems and provide recommendations for resolutions;
- Provides Leadership, knowledge, information, and expertise to help address challenges with creative thinking and solve problems;
- Analytical thinking and problem solving; and
- Creative thinking and innovation.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
- Adept at creative problem solving.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith* in one document.
- What is a statement of faith? A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.