Enjoying together around good food” defines the essence of GBfoods, the group that brings together the multi-local reality and the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit that has accompanied the various companies and local brands that shape it since its creation 80 years ago.
Job Title: Canning Machine Operator
Today, with a turnover of around 1 billion euros and a team of 2400 employees , GBfoods is present in Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, CIS Republics, in 30 countries in Africa and the Middle East through prestigious brands as Gallina Blanca, Star, Jumbo, Grand’Italia and Gino.
Purpose Of Role
The purpose of this position is to provide basic essential skills required for direct application on the production process.
Results / Accountabilities
- Operates Canning machinery in accordance with specifications.
- Seaming tops or bottoms on can containers to form open-top cans
- Closing filled cans by feeding and tending automatic double seaming machine.
- Independently run multiple lines including setting up and managing changeovers.
- Performs autonomous maintenance.
- Provides support to the lead/supervisor when necessary
- Demonstrates the ability to follow established procedures according to good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Maintain logs and records of units produced including a record of errors resulting in rejected or discarded pieces.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
What can you expect from us?
Working for GBfoods will offer you a wide variety of career opportunities that will enable you to utilize your full potential. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits plan and much more.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed, action oriented, problem solver and excellent relationship skills, pays attention to detail and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
- Minimum HND Mechanical or electrical engineering
- minimum 2 years hands on experience with a canning machine.
- Prolonged periods working on feet, using tools, and performing repetitive actions that may entail frequent bending and stooping.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds at a time.
- Visual acuity to read instructions, operate machines, and inspect parts produced