A new but rapidly expanding sports betting operator headquartered in Malta and with operations offices in Africa and Central Asia is searching for an energetic and ambitious Financial Controller with proven management experience in iGaming to join the office in Accra. The main responsibility is to execute board strategy for global operations by working with different departments and business units.
- Auditing accounts of multiple interconnected entities that operate the Bet Planet brand
- Perform tasks for entities in other regions, e.g. Curacao, Malta, Cyprus, Africa
- Controlling invoices from suppliers and remote staff and making sure that these are paid in a timely manner.
- Analyzing data and inputting data into accountancy software packages
- Working closely with the CCO to ensure that internal and external operational procedures are in accordance with all regulations.
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations while developing plans for financial growth, while evaluating and managing risk
- Handling of all tax related matters
- Establish finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Liaise with Company Lawyer to ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- A motivated person with the drive and energy to deliver against challenging targets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork, a strong business communicator.
- A strong analytical mindset with a passion for executing and developing strategies but with the ability to make decisions, solve problems and get deeply involved where required.
- Capable of defining clear, measurable objectives and managing relationships to ensure all business requirements are delivered.
- Excellent knowledge of English (both spoken and written)
- Auditing and Financial management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Part or Full Profession Qualification with ACCA or ICAG will be added advantage
- High proficiency in any globally accepted accounting software
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Modern working environment in Ghana
- The opportunity to be an integral part of the development of a business at globally level
- A creative and multi-cultural start-up environment focused on rapid expansion
Method of Application
Closing Date : 15th June, 2020