Do you want to improve millions of lives and leave a lasting legacy at the same time? Do you want to use your talents and skills to make a difference and not just a living? Do you want to help feed the world now and in the future? Farmerline works to reinvent how the world thinks and invest in the lives of small-scale farmers. We are working to help farmers produce and sell food. We are bold and systemic thinkers but operate lean and nimble.
Since 2013, Farmerline has directly helped farmers to improve their productivity and profit in Ghana and also provided technical support to other organizations to do the same. Farmerline started its operations serving 800 farmers in the Ashanti Region of Ghana with information via mobile information services. We have supported many organizations with our tools and knowledge to improve the way they work with farmers. Over the past 7 years, Farmerline and its partnership network has profiled and served over 500,000 farmers and digitized over 1,000,000 acres of farmland across 16 countries in Africa.
Farmerline is a learning organization and you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity to solve problems every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humour, you’ll thrive at Farmerline.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Department and Location
Product and Engineering, Ghana
Reports to the CTO but works closely with other unit heads
To continue building quality and scalable software for our clients, we are recruiting a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategy for quality coordination and testing as well as working with the PM’s to create solutions to solve quality problems. The role also requires the Quality Assurance Engineer to lead the process of assessing the quality of specifications and technical design documents in order to ensure timely, relevant and meaningful feedback.
- Test current products and identifying deficiencies
- Suggest solutions to identified product problems
- Investigate product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction
- Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement
- Oversee continuous improvement projects
- Collect quality data
- Identify key KPIs for product quality
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to stakeholders quarterly
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills