As a Strategy and Transactions Manager, you will work on various engagements in the Strategy and Transaction Service Line (SaT) and for clients in the financial services, energy and utilities, oil and gas, telecommunications, industrial products, automotive, retail and consumer products, real estate, etc.
Job Title: Strategy and Transactions Manager
Your client responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, executes and manages engagements
- Manages client’s relationships including key client personnel such as C.F.Os, C.E.Os, etc
- Prepares and reviews reports from SaT Client engagements.
- Provides on the job training for less experienced staff, monitoring the performance and preparing meaningful, timely and objective performance evaluations.
- Leads engagements such as project managing, building client relationships and finalizing engagement reports.
- Performs detail and general review prior to partner review and signoff.
- Prepares and monitors budget and profitability analyses for client engagements
- Establishes and maintains client relations while serving as the primary client contact for all engagement
- Supports the firms HR processes including recruitment processes, induction and on-the-job trainings.
- Supports the firms Business Development activities including development of proposal documents and other go-to market activities.
- Presents engagement deliverables at client meetings
- Business development and client relationship management
- Experience working in mergers & acquisitions, analysing financial and market data, and taking a deal through the full process to successful completion
- Ability to Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns from data to create new data analytics and new reports/ dashboards as needed
- Analyse each client’s specific investment thesis, determine the underlying problem and recommend proper solutions and strategies
- Prior experience of leading business valuation, financial models, negotiations, divestment or JV transactions
- Capital market experience (bonds, equity, IPOs, etc.)
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel (financial modelling) and PowerPoint (presentations and reports)
- Support due diligence process through data management, desktop review, and internal and external project meetings
- Assists with the project management aspect of due diligence through approved project management software
- Working effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Complying with risk management procedures
- Build an internal and external professional network.
Your People Responsibilities
- Willing to learn and enthusiastic about a career in Strategy and Transactions
- Work constructively as a team member
- Maintain an educational program to develop personal skills and business acumen
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
- Chartered Accountant, CFA, CVA, CA, ACCA, CIMA, Masters will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (another language is a plus);
- Proficient IT skills (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- High level of motivation and drive to start a career in professional services.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality and accuracy
- Desire to exceed expectations
- Interest in the different fields of transactions and strategy
We offer you
- Work with a bright, friendly, and energetic team
- Develop your personal and business skills by working on challenging projects with some of the most well-known companies as well as through our extensive learning and development programs
- Receive a competitive intern remuneration package
Who we are:
At EY, we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world’s most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY, you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It’s how you make a difference.
At SaT, we help clients create social and economic value by strategically managing capital and transactions through the EY Capital Agenda framework that looks at Transactions & Corporate Finance, Strategy and Transaction tax.
As a finance professional at EY, you’ll work in a high-performing and inclusive environment that offers you great opportunities to develop an interesting and fulfilling career, wherever you are in the world. You will work in multidisciplinary teams to handle complex issues and resolve challenges for leading companies. We’ll support you in your professional development, so you achieve your potential.