AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as E&I Superintendent – Underground
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The E&I Superintendent – Underground is accountable for the development and implementation of all electrical, instrumentation, communication and controls aspects of Underground Fixed and Mobile Plant Infrastructure maintenance, including the Electrical Distribution, Mine Services and Mine Dewatering through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Deliver the Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
- Apply HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Execution of the CIC supervision of underground aspects of construction, refurbishment and maintenance activities in accordance with the Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan
- As a minimum, achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure
- Using AGA’s How we Work guidelines, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of subordinates.
- Develop a skill matrix for subordinates and Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective action
- Develop an appropriate succession plan for key positions with the correct supportive development plan
- Manage Electrical & CIC aspects of underground work activities
- Provide major inputs to the E&I Manager, Maintenance Manager – Underground to allow reporting of Operational Readiness for the Underground engineering/maintenance throughout the operation.
- Ensure the work carried out by the underground Electrical & CIC maintenance team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost
- Identify sub-standard work practices and take action to eliminate them and identify the root cause of these poor work practices.
- Assign tasks to subordinates in line with achieving the agreed production plan
- Lead a team of engineers to specify, design, analyze and verify new components and systems.
- Implement corporate programs, e.g. asset management strategies, System for People, Operational Effectiveness, etc across areas of control.
- Deploy management routines to identify defects in the workplace
- Establish good rapport with the other departments to ensure common goals are identified and reached
- Develop a 2-year plan for maintenance activities of the infrastructure:
- Contribute to the sustainable use of mine dewatering
Monitor the performance of power and control circuits. This includes;
- Analyse calibration records to check that metering is operating within appropriate accuracy
- Monitor the power quality being distributed within the Underground areas and ensure that agreed high quality engineering and maintenance practices are performed to the required standard.
- Utilising SAP, update and present to the E&I Manager, electrical & CIC maintenance aspects required for submission to the Managing Director, an annual master schedule of work packages for the Maintenance Department ahead of the business planning process
- Monitor the supply, availability and condition of parts, inventory, general and specific consumables and rotable equipment required to provide assured sustainable operation of the mining operation.
- Prepare the departmental budget that supports the company’s objectives and strategy
- Ensure cost impacts in area of accountability are evaluated, approved and budget is revised
- Identify, communicate and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Maintain the Electrical & CIC aspects of Underground Mine Infrastructure, and Mine Services within the approved project and maintenance schedules, achieving all critical intermediate milestones.
- Develop an asset management strategy in the area of accountability based on the Obuasi Operations expected life of mine.
- Ensure all subordinates are competent in the utilisation of the SAP asset maintenance management system to support a smooth transition into operations.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with the procurement team to establish the inventory and spare parts for the Underground Mine Infrastructure, Mine services and CIC equipment
- Maintain a regular SAP asset maintenance management system operational readiness interface and hand over meeting.
- Participate in formal cost and schedule reviews to support accurate and timely reporting.
- Ensure weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting produce accurate and timely information that can clearly convey the status of safety, cost, schedule and quality for the refurbishment works.
- Advise progress and KPI status in a timely manner to the management team, particularly potential cost, and schedule or quality variances.
- Review and provide feedback regarding contractor’s progress claims.
- Participate in internal and external construction audits as required.
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve cost, schedule, quality and safety outcomes to all engineering, mining, refurbishment and construction activities undertaken in the area of accountability.
- Inspect all refurbishment works to ensure works are delivered in accordance with applicable designs, specifications and expectations.
- Oversee refurbishment witness inspections and testing regime to ensure quality and or performance is in line with obligations and expectations.
- Proactively identify and manage change to avoid potential cost, schedule and quality issues.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Communication Technologies and equivalent Masters’ Degree in Management will be an advantage
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- Must possess Engineering Superintendent Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body
- An experienced Electrical, Control, Instrumentation and Communications (CIC) maintenance engineer with 10+ years’ experience in preferably underground, Mine Infrastructure maintenance
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module
- Strong Electrical and Instrumentation and Communications (CIC) maintenance competencies in underground environments on fixed plants and mobile equipment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 17 March. 2021
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.