Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 330,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate.
Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises, and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
In Ghana, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations, specializing in providing Audit, Tax & Regulatory, Business Process Solutions, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business and industrial products, telecommunications, energy and resources, manufacturing and the public sector.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the workspace and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Job Title: Officer to Senior Officer – People and Purpose
About People and Purpose
Deloitte offers a highly collaborative and engaging environment, with opportunities to learn and grow. Our People and Purpose Unit exists to attract competently, and unique talent that will drive the strategy of the Ghana Office and be rewarded with a career if impact.
We are seeking a suitably qualified high performing professional to join our People and Purpose Unit as an HR Generalist. The successful candidate will be responsible for completing a variety of tasks to support the daily operations of the HR department including but not limited to organizing trainings, administering employee benefits and leaves and crafting HR policies. You will use Human Resources Information Systems to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential. You’ll also act as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics. Under supervision of the People and Purpose Partner, the HR Generalist will ensure accurate processing and recording of the firm’s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, daily data entry and perform related work as required
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Undertake tasks around performance management
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
- Organize employee performance reviews
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities
- Understand all aspects of payroll regarding payroll laws and regulations.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed timely and accurately.
- Provide excellent customer service to employees: in the areas of compensation, taxes, benefits, how to request time off and how to change benefits.
- Process employee data i.e. new hires, role changes, promotion and exits.
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed.
- Other assigned duties.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a second class upper in Human Resources, Business Studies, Management, or Business Administration.
- Professional qualification from CIHRMP, CIPD, HRCI or SHRM or other relevant and recognized HR professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- Must have 2 – 4 years’ experience in Human Resources and/or Administration.
- Candidate must be highly attentive to detail, and meticulous in action.
- Able to deal with difficult, sensitive, and confidential information.
- Excellent people service skills.
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization abilities.
- Working knowledge of best practice in payroll administration.
- Strong computer knowledge including proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Conversant with taxation relating to pay and benefits of employees will be added advantage
- Strong knowledge of state regulations and laws on employment and compensation.
- Working knowledge of SAGE, PASTEL, or other payroll processing software.
- Data-driven, able to tell stories with the data and advise on best actions.