Overall responsible for the Management of Unix & Linux distribution servers and services on them across Vodafone Ghana Estate.
- Effectively manage the installation / commissioning, configuration of hardware and software components of the Unix & Linux Servers (physical & virtual machines) in the data centre
- Maintain and ensure adherence to effective policies and best practices per the cyber security baseline requirements for Unix & Linux servers
- Maintain all IT Unix & Linux infrastructure with automated, system management capabilities (including monitoring of critical systems), with ability to proactively identify potential system failures before they materialize as well as provide Level 2/3 technical support for systems and application running on them.
- Protect Vodafone Ghana’s IT systems from both internal and external sources of usage ( and assess) that could potentially lead to damage to IT investments, service denial or interruption, theft of company data assets and any malicious activity against normal operation of the business.
- Ensure high availability (24 by 7) and performance (against SLA) of all Linux and Unix servers, to provide dependable, highly secure, real-time access systems and make recommendation for future hardware and software upgrades
Technical And Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of Unix & Linux System Administration, 2 of which have in a technical management capacity
- 6+ years’ experience with Unix/Linux and support
- 5-7 years’ experience with Unix/Linux system management and monitoring
Monitor and Diagnose
Automation and Robotics
Data Analytics and Insights
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 20th Jan. 2022