AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as MECHANICAL SUPERVISOR – PASTEFILL AND MATERIAL HANDLING.
Job Title: MECHANICAL SUPERVISOR – PASTEFILL AND MATERIAL HANDLING.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Pastefill & Materials Handling Supervisor is accountable for coordinating the work, its training, monitoring and control of quality, of maintenance technicians on Pastefill plant, conveyors and materials handling systems in safe manner, compliant with operational and engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost- effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Deliver the Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control.
- Monitor team processes that support in the execution of the role
- Using AGA’s How we Work guidelines, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of subordinates.
- Execute timely completion of Paste plant and Material Handling maintenance
- Review, approval and sign off of the pastefill plant and material handling maintenance team items detailed in the refurbishment execution plan and schedule, infrastructure detailed design requirements, detailed testing plans, operational commissioning plans, handover plans, training plans, manuals, records, drawings, specifications and documents issued.
- Monitor the compliant completion of the pastefill plant and material handling system refurbishment, later maintenance, aspects of the Operational Readiness plan for the mining teams including localisation plan.
- Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable and experienced personnel in the area of accountability.
- Execute timely completion of conveyor maintenance.
- Ensure cost impacts in area of accountability are evaluated, approved and budget is revised
- Identify, communicate and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Verify that the conveyor refurbishment remains within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones.
- Develop the risk and risk mitigation plans and activities for all winder training work.
- Develop the plan to ensure paste plant and conveyor systems availability is developed in line with the Obuasi Operations expected life of mine.
- Develop and maintain the paste plant and conveyor maintenance portion of the Materials Movement Engineering Management Plan, as a key Project Execution Plan sub plan for the area of accountability
- Arrange input and support into establishing and maintaining Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), budget, schedule, and construction work packs for refurbishment activities.
- Participate in internal and external audits as required.
- Continuously identify and collate opportunities to improve cost, schedule, quality and safety outcomes in the area of accountability.
- Proactively identify and manage change to avoid potential cost, schedule and quality issues.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent.
- An experienced Materials Transport and Conveyor Maintenance Supervisor with over 3 years’ experience in underground mining.
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module.
- Strong materials movement and conveying competencies in underground mining
- Excellent knowledge of conveyor and belting maintenance/replacement
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs.
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs.
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help co-workers
- Able to work different kinds of people.