Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
The 3PL Expansion Manager will engage in a full end-to-end perspective into the business of Jumia Services, and will be in charge of expanding and improving Jumia’s 3PL market place across First Mile, Transportation, last mile Physical goods and On-Demand Services.
He/She will support the growth of Third-Party Logistics (3PL) and ensure we always have enough supply to cater to the demand.
3PL Expansion and Onboarding
- Build a pitch deck for different functions where 3PL are required.
- Create full year expansion plan and set weekly, monthly, quarterly targets and publish planned vs actuals.
- Train and coach the team of associates to execute the onboarding plan.
- Identify and define the critical capabilities needed to support Jumia’s Supply Chain strategies and ensure enough 3PLs are there to cover the needs.
- Lead the lead generation, conversion and onboarding funnel.
- To prepare and evaluate the onboarding of 3PLs at an individual level.
- Own onboarding new 3PLs into the Jumia ecosystem.
- Reduce lead generation to onboarding time and solve 3PL issues during this stage.
- Ensure 100% compliance to internal process of KYC, Contracts etc.
- Negotiate best prices with 3PLs in line with the payment structure defined.
3PL Onboarding flow
- Define rules of engagement and Identify your exact needs and establish clear goals and objectives with 3PL and internal teams.
- Roll out various initiatives for 3PL onboarding via Facebook, Instagram, and other channels.
- Track and maintain feedback on the onboarding experience of 3PL Partners.
- Get the most out of your partners involved with strategic conversations and long-term planning.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university; Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- 5 years minimum experience, preferably in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment with a strong focus on logistics or alternatives supply chain.
- Clear understanding of Transportation Logistics network management, Retail or Customer Service processes and priorities
- Highly goal driven with Project Management skills and experience in fast paced environments.
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred.
- Excel skills required.
- Experience in strategy and complex network management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Flexible to work with people from different backgrounds
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 28th April. 2022