Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following position in the Ghana National Association of Teachers: ASSISTANT SECRETARY II (DISTRICT SECRETARY)
• Recruits and mobilizes members for the Association in the District
• Manages and administers the District Secretariat
• Facilitates Professional and Trade Union Education among members in the District
• Mobilizes members for non-bargaining activities
• Offers Technical-Advice to the District Officers, Executive and Council
• Handles personal cases of Teachers
• Liaises with Governmental and Non-Governmental Institutions in the District.
• Writes Monthly, Termly and Annual Reports to Headquarters through the Region
• Collects and analyses educational statistics in the District
• Prepares monthly financial returns to Headquarters through the Region
• Keeps records and minutes of meetings of District political organs of GNAT
• Serves on G.E.S. District Disciplinary Committee
• Performs any other duty assigned by the General Secretary, the Regional Secretary or the District Executive.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a Professional Teacher not below the rank of Principal Superintendent with not less than 4 years working experience on that Rank
• Must not be below 35 and not more than 45 years
• Must have a commitment to GNAT and what the Union stands for
• A working knowledge in basic computer applications in Word, Excel and Power Point is an advantage
• Management and Leadership Skills
• Pleasant Interpersonal Skills
• Strong Advocacy and Communication Skills
• Good Character
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Responsible to the General Secretary through the Regional Secretary
REMUNERATION: As determined by the National Executive
How To Apply For The Job
i. Qualified applicants should go to www.ghanateachers.com from 20th June,2022 to complete an application form
ii Applicants must provide names and addresses of two persons one of whom should be the Head of institution or immediate supervisor. Attach reference letters from the referees.
iii. Attach the following;
• Curriculum Vitae (CV),
• Recent passport-size photograph
• Recent SSNIT statement
• First appointment letter
• Last promotion letter
• All relevant certificates.
• Attach a current payslip (March,April or May 2022).
NB: Please ensure that all attachments are clearly scanned.
Closing Date: 08 July, 2022
Only electronic applications will be accepted. NOTE: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.