Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the ADB and the ADF. The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President (PRST0); Independent Development Evaluation Department (BDEV); Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department (PIAC); Compliance Review and Mediation Unit (BCRM); Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR); Office of the Auditor General (PAGL); Group Risk Management Directorate (PGRM); General Counsel and Legal Services Department (PGCL); Communication and External Relations Department (PCER); Staff Integrity and Ethics Office (PETH) and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat(PSEG).
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
Office of the Auditor General provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Bank’s operations. It also assists the Bank to accomplish its strategic objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The Office of the Auditor General is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling a broad, comprehensive program of auditing and consulting/advisory services both internally and externally including, without limitation, all projects and programs of the Bank group.
The overall objective of this position is to provide independent and objective assurance and consulting and advisory services in compliance with established professional internal auditing standards with strong focus on IT activities and data analytics. The Chief Information Technology Auditor will lead an audit team of auditors and audit assistants in performing complex audits and advisory/consulting services with strong focus on Information Technology and data analytics. In addition, lead the design and development of data analytics processes to support the department and cross-functional stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, the Chief Information Technology Auditor will:
- Lead the development and implementation of the data analytics strategy.
- Engage with Management to identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement of data analytics processes and automation of manual activities and take ownership of new process implementations.
- Contribute to the identification of data analytics opportunities during engagement planning.
- Supervise in the development of dynamic dashboards and reporting tools for monitoring department activities such as follow-up of audit recommendations, staff utilization, and engagement status monitoring.
- Serve as a lead for data analytics knowledgeable resource in advising on tools and techniques to improve the collection, analysis, and reporting on data. In addition, facilitate staff capacity building and relevant change management activities.
- Lead Audit Team / Plan to conduct audits of highly diversified Bank-wide activities or operations relating to the financial, administrative, and operational functions with a strong focus on data analytics and IT of the Bank.
- Plan audits and determine the audit objectives, scope, criteria, methodology to be used as well as staff and budget resources required to ensure that the audit adequately covers the selected area of the Bank’s operations, activities, systems, and controls with a strong focus on data analytics.
- Prepare Audit Programme or modify existing ones (if any), to ensure a systematic approach to the audit and ensure that the scope of the audit is covered adequately. In addition, lead the automation if risk assessment for the audit programme.
- Conduct the fieldwork by collecting data, documents, and information, testing and analyzing such information, identifying weaknesses, causes and effects of variances, errors, non-compliance with rules, regulations, policies, procedures, etc.
- Supervise and review the work performed by other Auditors and Consultants to ensure that objectives are achieved; working papers adequately support the findings, conclusions, and recommendations, and the report is accurate, objective, clear, concise, constructive, and timely.
- Lead Audit Missions to Member Countries’ organizations, Project Executing Agencies, and Sites. Advice on compliance with Bank Rules, Regulations, Policies, and Procedures to improve project implementation.
- Select and present and discuss audit findings of particularly significant impact or recommendations for substantial changes in procedures, workflow, or organization, with concerned Managers and Directors to obtain their agreement.
- Prepare the Preliminary Audit Report containing observations, conclusions, and recommendations to tighten controls, safeguard the assets or image of the Bank, improve working procedures and ensure that resources are efficiently utilized, under the supervision of the Manager for transmission to the Auditor General.
- Prepare the Final Internal Audit Report after incorporating the comments of the auditee Departments under the supervision of the Manager for transmission to the Auditor General.
- Propose and prepare broad audit guidelines, data analytics manuals, procedures, and standards for internal audit activities to ensures consistency of audit approach, independence, objectivity, professional proficiency, and due care.
- Coordinate the External Quality Assurance Reviews usually conducted by External Auditors or Institute of External Auditors or Internal Audit Department of a Multilateral Development Bank, to facilitate their work by collecting all the data, documents, information requested in all Departments, sending survey questionnaires to all Directors, arranging and attending their meetings with Directors and Top Management, reading and commenting on their draft Reports.
- A minimum of a Master degree or its equivalent in Audit, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, and an internationally recognized professional certification.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of auditing experience in an internationally recognized professional accounting firm or an International Financial Institution, including 3 years in leading teams of auditors. Practical data analytics experience would be a plus.
- Sound knowledge and auditing experience of treasury IT products and information systems such as SAP Net Weaver system, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Integrated Audit Approach.
- A professional certification, such as, CISA, CIA, CISSP, or CISM is a plus. Experience with computer-assisted audit tools is a plus.
- Other desirable competencies: analytical, programming, data-intuition, and problem-solving skills in areas such as data extraction, analysis and machine learning, leveraging tools such as SQL, Python, Tableaux, R, ACL, Oracle Optics, and Qlikview. Ability to produce clear graphical representations and compelling data visualizations using tools such as Power BI.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while ensuring quality and exceeding client expectations.
- Ability to apply international audit standards to deliver quality audit report in line with the Bank’s strategy needs/situation
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 29 May, 2020