The ILD, Roaming & Messaging Specialist will be responsible for managing the Roaming portfolio. The holder will be responsible for all engagements with roaming partners, messaging partners, commercial performance of the portfolio.
Job Title: Roaming, ILD & Messaging Specialist
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design strategy to increase roaming footprint.
- Leverage on Roaming footprint and International as foothold in attracting and growing Mid to High Value Segments
- Conduct regular market research to maintain high technological and market value level in comparison to world leading International & Roaming Services offering
- In conjunction with CVM and the Marketing Communication teams, ensure advertising (ATL/BTL) campaigns clearly identifies the correct propositions to ensure targeted uptake and revenue
- Carry out training to ensure that Sales and Sales Support functions are adequately trained on International & Roaming Services
- Work with VRS to ensure roaming cost and revenue are properly booked
- Work with VRS to aggressively work on roaming coverage expansion
- Ensure timely implementation of MSC/STP database configurations and software changes with new Roaming Networks.
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with international carriers, local operators, aggregators, SMS hubs and resellers to grow and strengthen our bilateral route connectivity and clientele
- Carry out all necessary studies, analyses and cost calculations with the aim of minimizing the cost of international products and services to improve margin
Qualification and Experience
- University Degree in Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Economics & Marketing
- 3-5 years of varied experience, 3-5 within Telecom Industry or 3-5 years in Marketing/Commercial Department.
- Experience in Telecoms with Knowledge and experience in managing carriers, roaming business is a prerequisite
- Must have knowledge of technology platforms
- Must have experience of product development and management life cycles
- Excellent Data analysis and Excel skills
- Sound knowledge of Campaign Management
- Strong Analytical, statistical and Presentation skills
- Must be committed to timely and excellent delivery with “first time right” mind-set.