Jumia is a clear ongoing success story and is already the leading Internet Group in Africa. Founded in 2012, it is currently operating in 15+ countries and is empowered by more than 4,000 employees. Since inception, Jumia has created over 100 companies in 10 different verticals: online retail, food ordering platform, recruitment platform, online marketplace, real estate marketplace, vehicle marketplace, B2B logistics provider for online commerce, online travel agency and P2P lending marketplace. Jumia has 7 investors, MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, CDC and Goldman Sachs. Early 2016, the group received more than 500M USD funding, valuing the company at over 1bn USD
Job Title: Head of Offline Sales
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia Group steps in.
We are currently looking for exceptional people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey
What Is Offline Sales
Offline sales is split into 3 main channels:
- JForce: a network of 150,000 sales consultants across 10 countries placing orders on Jumia on behalf of other people. On each order placed they earn a commission.
- Pick Up Stations: a network of physical locations where customers can come to inquire about Jumia, place an order and collect it. It is comparable to a franchised Jumia universe
- Brand to Stores: new business line to support brands reach retailers in a more efficient way than their current distribution model. Retailers are then able to directly replenish their stock on Jumia.
Head of Offline Sales leads these channels in his/her market.
Head of Offline Salesplays a key role in delivering exponential growth of the different channels through team management, agents network development and performance management.
Secondly, he/she is in charge of developing strategic projects (brand to store, JPay).
Finally to deliver a world class experience to its agents & agency network through communication and marketing plans.
- Develop and implement business plan
- Spend time in the field with agents, agencies and stores to collect insights about Jumia & our model, then transform it into actionable levers.
- Develop a sustainable pyramid to maximize sales revenues, sales & business objectives
- Drive sales and customer acquisition through sales and marketing actions (i.e. door to door agency acquisition)
- Drive performance actions based on data insights and business analytics
- Optimize Offline Sales budget to deliver highest growth
- Reach sales, recruitment, engagement, activation targets
- Deliver exceptional growth of agents database through optimization of current and innovative recruitment channels
- Delivering engagement of agents database through 360° communication channels approach
- Deliver strong activation rate of the database through training (face to face)
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to your teams as efficient as possible
- Weekly report on performance vs target and action taken during the week.
- Lead marketing team of c. 10 FTEs
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from top business schools and universities,
- 5+ years of professional experience in project management, company creation or FMCG distribution
- Proven track record of impact.
- Strong Leadership and management skills to lead the team above and beyond their capabilities and train them
- Strong interpersonal skills to motivate and convince internal and external stakeholders of Offline Sales vision
- Eagerness to spend time in the field with the team, agents, agencies and stores
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, being agile
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in teams
- Advance knowledge in Microsoft office suite (Excel, word and Power point) and Google office productivity tools
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have strong leadership, organisational and team management skills.
- Must possess an advanced knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take