Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Job Title: Head of Fulfilment
Oversee warehouse management. Facilitating the Inbound, Inventory, Outbound and After
Sales departments to achieve their KPIs and targets. Process standardization and optimization
to improve the overall efficiency of the warehousing operations for Jumia Services.
- Create KPIs and implement simple systems for evaluating and improving performance
- Use order life analysis to monitor end-to-end warehouse process and improve operational efficiency
- Setup and continuously improve warehouse operations processes
- Design dashboards to easily identify bottleneck areas of the operational processes
- Oversee daily reporting on Backlog / Incidents/Change/Problem tickets and SLA status
- Liaise with the technical teams as well as the local teams on all matters related to warehousing systems
- Controlling Out-of-Stock (OOS)
Finance, Stock, Fulfilment and Warehouses
- Ensure that all financial processes associated with warehouse for each financial month, quarter and year end are executed accurately and in a timely manner at Executive level
- Ensure all necessary processes are in place to ensure no stock is lost in the warehouse, stock counts are accurate, and any variances are fully investigated.
- Ensure adequate stock management tools and processes are in place to enable efficient working across Jumia online shops
Required Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelors. Degree (Business Administration, Logistics- supply chain,
Advanced Excel to create macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUPS,
analytical capabilities and work books.
Relevant professional certification in Logistics or supply chain
management will be an added advantage
Minimum of 6 years FMCG, E-Commerce or warehouse
- Ability to negotiate and communicate in flawless English, French, and/or Arabic (depending on base location)
- Demonstrated competency in data reporting and analysis
- Experience or high level of comfort in logistics operations
Experience of E-commerce fulfillment best practice, with an
understanding of customer and seller behavior
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Familiarity with working in a culturally diverse environment
Excellent People, Problem-solving, Negotiation, Time management
and Coordination skills.
- Self-Driven and great independent follow-through Ability
- Strong entrepreneurial skills, leadership, and drive
- A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet service lines
- The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds