Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
What’s this job all about?
“Offline Sales” is Jumia’s Offline <> Online (O2O) channel. Through this channel we strive to make it easier for less connected customers to reach our services.
Regional Managers are full time Jumia employees. They are experts at managing a team of sales consultants (ie City Captains) and network management.
Regional Managers will drive regional and city penetration with their teams. They spend 80%+ of their time offline meeting their city captains, validating marketing actions, participating in recruitment & training events and market activations.
Build Jumia’s network and support Jumia’s expansion:
- At region level through strategic approach (e.g. what city to focus, how many Pick Up Stations [PUS] we must have)
- At city level through City Captains management and contribution to marketing activities
- Define penetration strategy of his/her region
- Recruit and manager City Captains in his/her region
- Review and approve local marketing plans
- Validate on-ground marketing plan execution
- Contribute to market activation preparation and execution
- Contribute to training events
- Problem solve with City Captains
- Produce performance reports
Key performance indicators:
- Orders > 10% growth MoM in region
- # of Super Agents > grow by 5% MoM
- PUS recruitment > 10 new location go live monthly per city covered
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised and accredited University.
- Be an expert of the Region
- Expert at managing sales team and networks of agents
- Strong communication skills
- Ideally existing JForce agents
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up sales environment is essential for success.
- Adequate knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry.
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 28th April. 2022