GDS Africa is a leading IT solutions provider in Ghana, advancing the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create technology solutions helping our customers solve complex IT challenges.
We have the expertise to advise, integrate, and accelerate our customers’ outcomes from their digital transformation.
Job Title: Senior Sales Specialist
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
In a typical day as a Senior Sales Specialist , you would:
- Create and drive your sales pipeline. You’ll be an expert at capturing leads and use closed-loop lead management to ensure assignment and follow- up
- Maintain knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position the company’s products and services better.
- Use specialty expertise to seek out new opportunities and expand and enhance existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit.
- Provide support to Sales Specialists and provide input regarding business development and solution expertise.
- Development of quota objectives and future direction for defined product category.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, up to and including the C-level for mid-to-large accounts, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- Directs or coordinates supporting sales activities.
If you are…
- Considered an expert in knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor’s offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
- Knowledgeable about the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated, and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling.
- An expert at applying program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure successful pursuit.
- Experienced in understanding the role of IT within area of specialization and how the company’s solutions differentially address specific vertical industry challenges as well as their cross-segment capabilities.
- Used to cultivating & maintaining positive relationships with customers to ensure account retention & growth, and positions the company as the preferred vendor for meeting all business needs.
- Able to leverage the company’s portfolio and change the playing field on our competitors.
- Able to show a demonstrated history of progressively higher quota, diversity of business customer, and higher-level customer interface.
- Extensive selling experience within industry and on similar products.
- Typically, 8-12 years of advanced sales experience.