Built is a financial technology company with the vision of democratizing prosperity for small businesses in Africa. The enterprise deploys web and mobile technologies that help small businesses start, run and grow their businesses. The company’s flagship product is a simple financial record keeping application that enables small business owners easily keep and manage their financial data for quick data-driven decision making and also to access a curation of financial services that suit their size and needs.
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager
Who We Are Looking For
We’re on the lookout for a product marketing manager to develop and execute marketing strategies to increase awareness and adoption of our organization’s products. Our ideal candidate is a passionate experienced B2B product marketer with proven success in working with emerging products and driving GTM strategies.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Product messaging and positioning – Develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with customers and differentiates our organization in the market
- Content Development – Conceptualize and create an educational product and solution content for a variety of platforms
- Market, customer, and competitive analysis – Be the expert on the customer, the industry trends, and the players in the market
- Sales enablement – Communicate value proposition and provide high-value sales tools, training, and collateral
- Demand generation – Develop and implement strategies to drive product awareness and demand
- Evangelism – Serve as a company spokesperson and go-to thought leader for the product
The Product Manager at Built, organizes and controls the sales activities and maintains contact with key customers to ensure improved customer satisfaction on an ongoing basis as well as ensuring continuous new market development.
- 3+ years of experience in a credit officer or related role
- Proven experience creating marketing plans encompassing strategy, customer research, competitive analysis, product requirements, messaging, pricing, etc
- Experience initiating and driving a range of GTM programs including, webinars, tradeshows, social media, content marketing etc.
- CMS Experience and CRM Skills
- Excellent English presentation, written, and verbal communication skills, with an eye for quality and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively lead, inspire, and mentor direct and indirect reports
- Strength in collaborating with cross-functional teams, including executive management, product management, operations, sales and marketing
- Exceptional organizational skills and a great attention to detail
- Experience with CRM such as Hubspot is a plus
- Building and managing relationships