The overall responsibility is to coordinate/implement monitoring and evaluation activities for the project. The selected candidate will report to the Country Office Research, Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation (RAME) Officer, in liaison with Food Systems Project Coordinator.
Job Title: Programme Policy Officer (M & E)
• Support the development of Results Monitoring Framework for the project for impact measurement,
• In collaboration with the RAME officer, support the development of the project M & E strategy
• Support the study design, methodology development, data collection, analysis, and reporting on activities including special studies, surveys, and assessments.
• Develop M&E tools: questionnaires/Checklists for various assessments and outcome/output monitoring, and programme same onto data collection platforms
• Develop dashboards for the project as well as reporting templates for ease of reporting, and data/information sharing
• Support the development of ToRs for assessments, the supervision of consultants carrying out assessments or M & E activities for the project in Ghana
• Support and coordinate project baselines and endline surveys
• Conduct outcome, output and process monitoring for all activities and document lessons learned
• Coordinate validation meetings for outcome monitoring results, annual outcome review meetings, and product quarterly and annual M & E reports, giving programmatic direction to the programme team based on evidence/results from assessments and monitoring
• Work with other RAME colleagues to respond the WFP global reporting/RAME requests, annual country reporting and other donor reports
• Take Lead in the development of analytical reports for the Mastercard project and other food systems projects
• Take up additional monitoring and evaluation responsibilities in support of monitoring activities under the Food Systems unit and the CSP in general
Qualification Required & Experience
• A First degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, or related fields. A Master’s degree from an accredited institution in the above fields is an added advantage
• Minimum of one or more years of postgraduate professional progressive experience in monitoring and evaluation is essential; Experience in conducting surveys and multiple-sectorial assessments, including the design, data collection and analysis, reporting and working with M & E teams is fundamental
• Experience in statistical analysis STATA, SPSS, Excel
• Knowledge in data visualization tools like Tableau; Excel; Power Bi is essential
• Knowledge in questionnaire programming with the ODK is required
• Knowledge in M & E work planning, budgeting and project reporting would be an advantage
• Ability to interpret basic data in the context of WFP specialized fields to contribute to technical programme design, implementation, and monitoring
• A proven record of writing technical and non-technical reports
Language: Excellent command of English (oral and written) is essential.