Job Title: Supply Planner
Background & Purpose of the Job
- Ensure availability of all imported materials
- Maintain stock levels of ordered materials as per the agreed stock norms
- Help in achieving the supply chain objectives of reducing working capital and supplying the demand at the lowest cost.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Establish material requirements for Production Plans with the use of MRP Planned Orders.
- Monitor Stock levels and ensure material availability for current production requirements. Establish and maintain appropriate safety stock levels.
- Highlight material constraints that could impact production plans
- Communicate with suppliers on material requirement forecasts on an ongoing basis.
- Raise Purchase orders and call offs to suppliers based on planned requirements.
- Follow-up on supplier confirmation of Purchase Orders and shipments.
- Monitor shipments of all imported materials and take action when necessary to ensure timely arrival of material on site, thereby avoid disruption to production plans.
- Co-ordinate with Internal Logistics to ensure availability of all imported materials at BUL
- Establish requirements of specified packaging materials both local and imported based medium-term requirements. Place purchase orders and issue call offs according to Production Schedules.
- Liaise with Suppliers on rejected materials or short shipped consignments.
Co-ordinate on Sourcing issues
- Co-ordinate with Planners / Sourcing on new raw and packaging materials.
- Provide data to establish Supplier Performance rating.
Materials Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Ensure MRP (planning) and call-off procedures are followed.
- Update MRP Master Data.
- Obtain information on MOQ, shipping and clearance lead-times and update planning information in Fourth Shift.
- Provide necessary information and maintain necessary records to enable proper control of inventory and prices
- Working Capital reports
- Critical Material Report
- Purchase Order Report
- SLOBS List Report
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- University Degree
- At least 1 Year experience of procuring local and imported materials and dealing with overseas suppliers
- High analytical skills
- Advance excel skills
- Familiar with MRP systems (SAP, Fourth Shift etc)
- Should have good interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Supply Management
- Research and Development
- Warehousing Teams
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.