International Justice Mission (IJM)
• Support Ghana Police and Prosecutors in the investigation and prosecution of child/forced labor trafficking perpetrators.
• Conduct research, brief writing and oral advocacy on behalf of IJM clients.
• Track case related data on paper and electronic case tracking management systems.
• Attend and/or participate in all legal proceedings relevant to assigned cases.
• Maintain accurate and updated documentation of legal proceedings in assigned cases.
• Perform legal research and draft pleadings as necessary in assigned cases.
• Ensure legal custody of rescued children for partner shelters and compliance with child protection laws and policies.
• Identify, develop and implement capacity building programs to strengthen the Public Justice System.
• Monitor legal policy information and developments which are or may be applicable to IJM.
• Advise management on internal legal documents, proceedings and organizational risk.
• Carry out additional assignments as directed by the Manager, Tamale Projects.
Educational Requirements & Qualifications
• Relevant degree in law.
• Professional Certificate in Law and a member of the Ghana Bar Association in good standing.
• 2+ years of experience as a practicing attorney.
• Strong critical thinking, legal analysis and oral and written advocacy skills.
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft applications
• Experience in criminal litigation preferred.
• Strong cross-cultural abilities to work in an international environment
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Drivers License preferred.
• Strong legal research and writing skills
• This position requires travel to various regions across Ghana.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles Creed;
• Willingness to work under potentially hazardous conditions;
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Patient and able to work well under stress;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, personable, with a heart for service and sustained positive attitude;
• Punctual; manages time and resources effectively;
• Diplomatic, flexible, and mature in judgment;
• Effective team player and leader; and
• Evident passion to help people suffering injustice and oppression.
How to apply
Apply by email