• Under the overall supervision of Logistics Officer UNHRD, the Logistics Assistant will be expected to perform the following duties
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide updates on the progress and movements of UNHRD shipments (by land, sea, or air), by updating tracking sheets.
• Tracking shipments through GICCS, TRACK AND TRACE systems, etc.
• Prepare customs declaration for UNHRD shipments, import and export using GRA approved systems, such as ICUMS.
• Establish contacts with shipping agents and clearing agents and monitor the clearance of WFP shipments.
• Preparation of exemptions with Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the ICUMS system.
• Preparation of EMDA permits through ICUMS system.
• Customs clearing of all cargo via air, road, sea, and delivery to UNHRD warehouse, or other destinations as directed.
• Monitoring of Freight Forwarders to ensure documentation is done on a timely basis to avoid incurring demurrage charges.
• Assist UNHRD Logistics Officer by providing support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes.
• Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
• Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
• Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Qualification Required & Experience
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• A minimum of first degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or any other related qualification. A Master’s degree in any of the above fields is an added advantage.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the role:
• A minimum of four years of progressive work experience in supporting role on procurement or logistics.
• Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience analyzing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
• Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
• Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 03 May, 2022