AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Fire and Rescue Brigadesman.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The purpose of this role is to support the Emergency Management Services Superintendent in taking proactive measures to minimize the frequency of emergency situations in the mine and then responding to emergency operations on both surface and underground.
• It further seeks to augment the labour strength of the Emergency response team across the operations and satisfies the requirement of Fire and Rescue Brigades in the Minerals and Mining Regulations, 2012 LI2182 section 548.
• Assist in responding to all emergency operations on both surface and underground at all times.
• Assist in conducting planned inspection & audits using checklist periodically, aimed at evaluating compliance with standards and checking the state of all escape routes and refuge chambers.
• Assist in conducting planned inspections and audits on all firefighting and fire detection appliances on both surface and underground. The inspections shall cover portable fire extinguishers, automatic fire suppression systems, Hose reels, smoke detectors, and fire alarms or sirens.
• Participate in all training sessions and emergency drills.
• Always be on stand by and alert to respond to emergencies on both surface and underground.
• Ensure to undergo twelve (12) rescue practices in a year of which six should be held at underground as stated in the Minerals and Mining Regulations, 2012.LI2182 section 548
• Assist in the testing of the Breathing Apparatus as required.
• Clean and service assigned apparatus, maintaining it in a condition of readiness, report mechanical failures or difficulties and missing or damaged equipment to the proper authority.
• Attend to the Control Room.
• Assist in cleaning and keeping the Rescue Station tidy.
• Assist in organizing basic firefighting training and emergency drills for employees.
• Assist in conducting a rescue course for suitable employees.
• Assist in conducting self-contained self-Rescuer training for all underground employees.
• Comply and follow the operating procedures and environmental rules for the performance of the assigned job.
• Must correct, or report the Supervisor, any observed environmental deviations, practices and conditions as well make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management.
• Follow the established procedures if incident occur by reporting to the Supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• Certificate of Competency - Mine Rescue Certificate – Ghana Minerals Commission
• Certificate of Competency – Firefighting Certificate - Reputable or Recognized Organization
• Must have at least a SSCE /WASSCE in General Science Subject or a similar qualification from a recognized institution.
• Must be a qualified and a competent Advance First Aider.
• Physically and medically fit to AGA Standard
• Must be disciplined and abreast with Brigadesman Code of Ethics.
• Must be computer literate.
• Applicants with underground ventilation experience and occupational Hygiene background would be an advantage
• Must have at least 3 - 5 years working experience with exposure to underground and surface rescue operations.
• Must have an in-depth understanding and working knowledge of emergency procedures on both underground and surface.
• Must have considerable skill in assembling and testing of the BG4 Breathing Apparatus.
• Must have considerable knowledge in the use and operations of all firefighting and fire detection appliances and this include but not limited to portable fire extinguishers, fire Hose Reels, fire hydrants, smoke detectors, fire alarms.
• Must have in-depth knowledge in gas sampling and monitoring and smoke management.
• Ability to administer first aid.
• Must be able to inspect and identify hazards associated with firefighting equipment.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 07 January, 2022