Responsible for initiating polices for developing human resources strategies for the company to fit the core business objectives in the areas of training / development and performance management. Shall also develop an administrative support policy to ensure efficient performance of the functions of the other departments.
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
– To administer recruitment and performance management systems.
– Managing and implementing career development plan for all staff.
– Carrying out training assessment and co-coordinating training program.
– Designing best practice compensation polices and advise on health and safety matters.
– Ensure/coordinate performance appraisal systems on a bi-yearly basis.
– Formulate and implement Human Resources Policy & procedures manual for the attention and information of all employees.
– Plan and ensure the smooth and regular provision of services such as transport, office supplies and storage, internal communication and other services for the smooth operation of the other departments.
– Liaise and control relationship of the company with external contractors.
– Any other duty assigned.
• Degree from a recognised university and professional qualification in HR from a recognised institution including CIPD, CIHRMP or similar, etc
• At least five years experience two of which should be managing/supervising a team in a financial sector, preferably insurance
• Planning & Organising
• Stakeholder management
• Problem solving/decision making
• Emotional Intelligence
• Working knowledge of the Labour Act, 2003 Act 651
• Working knowledge in HR policy formulation and review
• Working knowledge of developing and implementation of performance management, training & development and reward management.
• Knowledge in learning and development strategies
• Understanding of Administrative procedures and processes