Zipline’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Job Title: Software Engineer – Full-Stack
The Global Fulfillment Team is responsible for the software that drives Zipline’s operations, customer experience, and client experience. This team owns the software that doctors and nurses at hospitals use to place orders, that our operations team uses to manage inventory and fulfill incoming orders, and that our key stakeholders use to understand what deliveries we’ve made and when.
As a founding member of the Africa engineering team, you will work closely with our local operations teams in Rwanda and Ghana. You’ll also engage with our external customers. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll work with a distributed team of full-stack software engineers based in the US, building products that will make a difference in all aspects of Zipline’s operations. You’ll own projects end-to-end, from conception to MVP to production. Your work will have an immediate and lasting impact on the future of Zipline.
We’re excited to meet you if you have some or all of the following:
- 1+ years experience in a software engineering role
- Experience using application server frameworks (bonus points for Django)
- Experience rapidly prototyping new product concepts, and excitement to work in an environment where you’ll be learning quickly from your users to define a product
- Understanding of automated testing practices and the ability to apply them to produce solid code that can be iterated on quickly
- Knowledge of database fundamentals like indexing, SQL queries, schema migrations, and managing backups and strong data model design skills
- Must be eligible to work in Ghana
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU WILL:
- Work with engineers and Fulfillment operators in the US, Ghana, and Rwanda to understand the ins and outs of Zipline’s Fulfillment operations
- Commit code that will have a direct impact on how safely and efficiently Zipline can process orders of critical medical products to hospitals
WITHIN 3 MONTHS YOU WILL:
- Work with product researchers and the health systems integration team to explore areas where Zipline can grow to provide an excellent experience for customers and clients.
- Visit health facilities and government clients to hear about their experiences with Zipline firsthand and discover how we can better serve them.
- Contribute in building new external-facing products that hospitals and government clients will use to interact with Zipline services.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS YOU WILL:
- Be trusted to operate autonomously in understanding the challenges that Zipline faces and identifying how to solve them
- Own a feature or product core to Zipline’s fulfillment operations with full ownership over setting the future roadmap
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Closing Date : 13 August, 2020