Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. Visit www.worldbank.org.
Job Title: Team Assistant
* The Team Assistant will report primarily to the World Bank Operations Manager and will receive day-to-day guidance on priorities and fulfillment of responsibilities from the Operations Officer in the Ghana Country Office and will be assigned to GP or other teams to provide administrative, logistic and operational support.
Roles & Responsibility
* The Team Assistant’s duties and accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Operational and Administrative support:
* Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc. according to World Bank format and distribution.
* Collect and input data provided by Task Team Leaders (TTLs) into the central database, including processing new project status reports.
* Keep tabs on the Organization’s directives and ensure effective processing of all project documents.
* Draft correspondence (standard letters, memos, faxes, etc.) conforming to the Organization’s regional standards, using accurate grammar, punctuation and style and proofread materials.
* Draft minutes of meetings and provide assistance in editing large documents.
* Maintain up-to-date unit project files (both paper and electronic) and retrieve data from various sources and compile these for use by the TTLs. Program Leader, Country Director and/or the Country Management Unit (CMU).
Information Management and Client interaction:
* Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages and route them to appropriate persons to handle.
* Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team.
* Co-ordinate with service units and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in the Country Office.
* Track and report on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities.
Time management & Logistics planning:
*Co-ordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information.
* Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters.
* Tackle non-routine problems creatively and inventively and assist in the preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, board presentation and signing, etc.
* Serve as a back-up to Operations Assistants, other staff and Task Team Assistants on project and administrative tasks.
* Occasionally perform Analytical tasks as may be requested by the Operations Manager.
* Minimum bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of relevant experience in a large International or Service or Private Sector Organization.
* Proficiency in using advanced functions on Bank standard computer applications (Windows applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* Knowledge of and ability to execute diverse work procedures related to the timely processing and production of assigned outputs and supporting administrative activities.
* Applied knowledge of Bank’s organization, procedures and practices, including Bank records management and filing procedures.
* Demonstrated use of initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipate next steps, and to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for information.
* Committed, dedicated and team player with the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with staff and clients in a multi-cultural environment.
* Proficient English skills (verbal and written), including the ability to draft routine correspondence and edit materials using accurate grammar, punctuation and style.
In addition to the above selection criteria, the following competencies are expected of the successful candidate:
Technology and Systems Knowledge:
* Demonstrates advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) and smartphones. Has the ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills as technology.
Project and Task Management:
* Exhibits good organizational, problem-solving skills and the ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates attention to detail and quality. Has the ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within the agreed schedule.
Institutional Policies Processes, and Procedures:
* Demonstrates knowledge of own department’s programs and products, knows key players, understands own role. Displays understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and can apply/ implement them.
* Exhibits positive and professional client service attitude; can understand clients’ needs and complete them professionally.
Drive for Results:
* Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion:
* Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
Knowledge, Learning and Communication:
* Has good knowledge of the unit’s language(s). Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able to learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.