At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 350+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, and Ethiopia).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy individual with a strong entrepreneurial mindset and exceptionally high work standards to join our Ghana operations. The Wholesale team is the face of mPharma to new providers and plays an integral role in our strategy to increase our network of community pharmacies. It is a highly visible role that entails the execution of business development and strategic assessment with the goal of onboarding pharmacies. You will be assigned a specific region to deliver revenue growth.
- Deliver agreed on organic revenue targets
- Provide valuable consumption insights to Supply Chain for monthly planning sessions
- Own and lead multiple customer accounts and manage relationships utilizing project management best practices
- Aggressively follow up with facilities on finalized bills and ensure collections are achieved in line with credit terms
- Know the company’s product portfolio and provide existing customers with technical and product support
- Deliver solutions to potential operational issues such as billing and delays in the delivery of drugs.
- Enlist constant feedback from clients, competition and communicate the same to the team.
- “Get the sale” using various customer business-to-business sales methods
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders and establish new accounts by planning and organizing a daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Develop “out of the box” sales strategies/models, and evaluate their effectiveness
- Focus sales efforts by studying the existing and potential volume of pharmaceutical dealers.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, new and existing products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years experience in the health domain either working with multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinician settings, or other healthcare services
- Experience writing and submitting pharmaceutical tenders
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- Thrives on achieving success in a target driven environment
- Experience in managing and leading teams to success
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience working in a multinational company is an advantage.
- A self-starter who can multitask while consistently producing high-quality deliverables for a diverse set of concurrent initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, and marketing
- Understanding Supply Chain and inventory management practices and procedures is an advantage
- Healthcare background preferred
- Fluent oral and written English