To ensure that fuel deliveries are manage in an efficient and timely way, which ensures that we meet the SLA and our customers have product available at all time .
Job Title: Scheduler
Annual product volumes and/or financial business dimensions that the job either directly controls or indirectly influences
‘Products’ include all products (fuels, lubricants and bitumen) marketed or handled by the VE in the country, including Aviation and Marine fuels;
a) Staff = 1
Fuel volumes : 637m litres per annum
Number of trips: 14,155 per annum
Kilometer : 6,611,951 Kilometers per annum
c) O/T : 95%
d) Work with a team of four dispatchers
Principal Accountabilities :
- Set priorities and ensure efficient planning and scheduling of trucks and timely deliveries of orders to enable the continuous supply of product to our customers within the terms of the SLA.
- Ensure all released orders are regularized and tripped in SAP before loading of BRV
- Liaise closely with Dispatchers, CSC, class of market to ensure priorities and efficiency in supplies and improve customer satisfaction/increase market share.
- Ensure fairness and transparency in allocating trips to various contractors within long and short distances.
- Download OTIF/OT report / data and explain variance
- Carry out the role of the Shell focal point for all fuel dispatch related issues
- Present monthly reports on contractor work allocation.
- Monitor the performance of our contracted fleet in terms of turnaround time/frequency of breakdown.
- Ensure we do not violate the UPPF.
- Serve as backup support for supplies coordinator and fleet supervisors.
Key Challenges :
- The main challenge is to strike a balance between excellent customer service in terms of product availability and delivery.
- Must ensure fairness in allocation of trips to all transporters.
- Must have an over view of the total process from –order placement, depot operations and final distribution to the end customer.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience :
- Minimum HND Qualification or Equivalent
- To add: VE Leadership competencies as appropriate.
Logistic planning and exchanges
Product handling and control
Depot operation and asset management
Road and non road transport planning
Customer service order taking and scheduling
Road delivery operations
Health, safety and environment management
Scheduling and operation
Lead, Prepare and Apply HSSE Risk Management