Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licenses across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is looking to appoint an Offshore Electrical and Instrumentation Planner to join the Operations & Maintenance team on a permanent basis, located offshore in Ghana on the KNK FPSO. The role will ensure that all maintenance and inspection activities on the FPSO are planned in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring Tullow complies with company and statutory requirements and ensuring effective utilization of craft resources and materials.
Job Title: Offshore Electrical and Instrumentation Planner
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities include:
• Complies with the Tullow HSEQ Code of Conduct, Standards, and Procedures to always protect people and the environment.
• Has a duty of care to ensure that all personnel work in a manner that is not harmful to their own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
• Develop detailed job plans that insure safe and efficient execution of all maintenance jobs.
• Develop standard job plans for repetitive maintenance tasks.
• Ensure compliance with the TGL Management of Change (MOC) process.
• Continually updating CMMS job plans to ensure necessary changes or improvements are incorporated, and efficiencies are captured accurately.
• Monitor and review feedback information on job plans for completeness.
• Review all planned, preventative, and corrective work orders from the CMMS to confirm all resources and materials are available prior to the scheduled execution of the maintenance activities.
• Support the development of weekly schedules (T+1 and T+4) based on negotiated operations priorities and current business environment to optimize the use of core teams and POB available resources.
• Support the development of the 28 days maintenance schedule based upon activities meeting the 28-day gate criteria.
• Ensures Work Order materials are available and staged in advance of the planned maintenance execution.
• Update the weekly core crew status sheets.
• Establish 7-day maintenance schedule and ensure resources and materials are available to execute work efficiently.
• Ensure planning risks are effectively communicated to the Planning Supervisor and Maintenance Superintendent.
• Regular site walks to support work pack preparation. Ensure supporting trade activities (scaffolding, rigging, isolations etc) are included and scheduled in the plan.
• Monitor planned maintenance delivery performance versus plan. Understand reason for any differences ensuring lessons learned are captured, recorded and improvements incorporated to prevent reoccurrence. Complete activity close out reports.
• Ensure operational constraints and interface constraints are included in 7-day planning with 28-day planning cycle.
• Review historical Work order data, determine normal wear and tear versus unusual failure frequency. Categorize and feedback trend analysis to system Subject Matter Expert.
• Previous experience of offshore Oil and Gas in a related technical maintenance role, a good proportion at the front line on the tools.
• Previous experience of offshore Oil and Gas planning / scheduling.
• Demonstrable experience as a team leader / supervisor.
• Ideally have experience of FPSO tanker operations and maintenance activities.
• Adequate craft knowledge and skill to identify required tasks, identify the required crafts, accurately estimate labor hours, identify all material requirements to complete a job.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of maintenance processes and proper use of the work order system, planning and scheduling within the CMMS software.
• Have good knowledge of the oil and gas production process and the facilities plant and machinery, ensuring their safe operation and maintenance.
• Applied experience in planning and scheduling using Primavera tool and integration into Maximo maintenance management system.
• Knowledge of Safety and Operations Management System expectations.
• Ability to manage to tight deadlines and provide operational discipline.
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Sound communicator at any level of organization.
• Planner, goal setter, service oriented and self-driven.
Education and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree or tertiary equivalent in Engineering, Planning or in a related discipline.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.