Job Description Summary
Territory and Applications Associate Role for West Africa. The Incumbent will be required to increase the Install base of BD’s Diagnostic Solutions as well as making BD’s Pre-analytic/Specimen Management Options a preferred choice in the Laboratory setting.
The BD IDS Sales & Application Specialist will be responsible for BD Specimen Management and BD Diagnostics portfolios, instruments, accessories and reagents sales. Core responsibilities also include customer support, the provision of instrument & application training for both end-customers for the Distributor Sales and Applications teams.
The principle aim of the role is maintaining customer satisfaction and driving sales growth in assigned territory through consultative selling skills, leveraging scientific and technical expertise & the utilization of BDs commercial excellence tools, including SFDC, BDWoS, BDWoM and any other tool to be introduced at a later stage. In addition, the provision of on-site and off-site instrument training and application support and promoting BD IDS products by providing all relevant marketing materials, oral presentation, when and as needed. The territory & applications specialist will represent DB IDS in all relevant scientific conferences and symposia in the assigned territory.
BD IDS Territory & Application Specialist is expected to travel frequently and on a regular basis to fulfill job related tasks and requirements not less than 70% of his or her time.
Sales related responsibilities:
- Accountable for achieving Budget of assigned territory.
- Regular planned direct customer (Sales, Marketing and support) visits
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical sales plans
- Execute new product launch programs in close collaboration with distributors and Medical Affairs and Marketing Managers
- Diligently manage and upkeep a healthy and logical pipeline in SFDC
- Provide accurate monthly sales forecasts supported by SFDC data, highlighting upsides and risks, in a timely manner to your Line Manager.
- Coordinate and execute sales training programs for distributor sales force
Application Specialist Responsibilities
- Provide application and product support to BD IDS customers in assigned territory
- Provide scientific support & application trainings to local distributors
- Address customers inquiries on products, applications, software and instruments
- Provide pre-sales advice to customers on their intended applications
- Work closely with Technical Service team & distributors to ensure timely support, PM execution and installation of new instruments to avoid mistakes that would result in customer dissatisfaction, prolonged instrument down time, delayed invoicing and financial penalties
- Manage & follow up product complaint process (PIR), update data and provide feedback to BD IDS
Collect the market information in regards of microbiology and Specimen Management field including KOLs mapping, end-users pricing, competitors overview, market potential
Support BD customers in West Africa in terms of microbiology products application and pre-analytic lab work.
Lead local marketing communication activities
Create the local workshops with BD current and potential customers focus on TB, BC IDAST and Specimen Management business.
Positioning BD as a leader and the best partner with the health care solution
Cooperate with other BD businesses such as BDB, MMS and MDS to approach the market on BDX level
Support BD customers with application especially specimen acquisition and containment, ID/AST, Blood culture and TB, women’s health and culture etc.
Support teamwork and the sharing of ideas and information within the Region and BD World-wide and ensure that BDs professional and ethical standards are maintained throughout the Region
Co-responsible with territory sales manager to set and achieve sales targets
Educational Qualification: Laboratory Scientist, preferably.
Educational background and professional experience in the microbiology and Specimen Management.
Solid experience and skills in oral presentation, training, teaching and demonstrating.
Professional Skills & Key Competencies
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively across organizational boundaries and with customers
Emotional Intelligence resulting in positive relationship building
High degree of ethical standards
Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimum supervision
A Team Player who can work well as part of a team
Accepts Personal responsibility and has high ethical values
High degree of self-motivation and Drive to achieve Results
Method of Application
Closing Date : 25 July, 2020